Embarcation time

Saltyseagirl

When we originally got our e-ticket for P&O Ventura from Southampton we had been given an embarcation time of 1230 which suited us perfectly given the length of our journey from home - we could leave just after breakfast and hopefully be on the ship just in time for lunch. However, I've just checked the latest version of our e-ticket and the time has been changed to 1400. Also, reading the FAQ on the P and O website about embarcation it says "All passengers are asked to arrive at a particular time between 2pm and 4pm". Has something changed? I seem to recall people on these forums/reviews claiming that they were on the ship by 1230 and having lunch.This is our first cruise from Southampton so we're not sure how it all works. Thanks in advance for replies.

If you can go back over the topics, not very far, there is one "Best check in time" which discusses all of this and will save you waiting for an answer :D

In a nutshell, turn up when it suits you :D:D:D

Have a souper crooze

Mike

We were pleasantly surprised that given the length of our journey, we arrived well before the "recommended" time of arrival. This was 1230 and I was one that you referred to that were on board and having lunch 45 minutes later.

Speaking from past experience, I would rather arrive in good time rather than causing mayhem racing through the docks to get to the ship before it sails, due to the M3 being closed for two hours.

Archived