Sky Suite on Mercury

CruzCouple

I must have the worlds worst case of buyers remorse, it seems to pop up whenever I buy something nice. Most recently it happened for the Sky Suite we chose as an upgrade to our November cruise on the Mercury. Everything was fine until I read about the suite perk for longer cruises of 2 complimentary nights in the specialty restaurant. And then I remembered that the Mercury does not have a specialty restaurant. Is Mercury, or the departure port in Baltimore, the exception for other suite perks too?

I must have the worlds worst case of buyers remorse, it seems to pop up whenever I buy something nice. Most recently it happened for the Sky Suite we chose as an upgrade to our November cruise on the Mercury. Everything was fine until I read about the suite perk for longer cruises of 2 complimentary nights in the specialty restaurant. And then I remembered that the Mercury does not have a specialty restaurant. Is Mercury, or the departure port in Baltimore, the exception for other suite perks too?

I had a SkySuite (1203) on sistership GALAXY and lu-uh-oved it! Not only was the room a nice size, the patio sized balcony was great. The butler service I used once but the room in itself is the reward!

What suite number did you get?

We loved the Sky Suites. You do get a perk - free use of the spa pool while other have to pay. When you board go to the desk by the spa area, show your card and they will put a sticker on it allowing you use of the thalassopool and steam rooms.

The balcony and size of the suite more than make up for the free dinner perk. We were in 1218 both on Galaxy and Mercury and loved it.

dmwnc1959: We have number 1204. I think it's just ooposite the one you had.

1204 is a very nice sized patio balcony with a corner cut off for the indents in the deck pattern. You will love it!

PatC is correct about the T-pool in the spa which is wu-uh-underful! Man did I love it! Dont sweat the non-Specialty dinner thing, use the Butler service and the t-pool and ENJOY the balcony!

It will look almost EXACTLY like this, the overhang from Deck 13 gives a bit of privacy but the rest is exposed to the sky (hence SkySuite) and to the deck above, not really a problem. I didnt mind people looking at me all jealous and stuff with me on my big old balcony...;)

skysuite.JPG

ssss.JPG

1218 on Galaxy has a slighly bigger glass front

stebalc1218.JPG

Are you sure about the 2 complimentary specialty restaurant dinners?? I was under the impression it was S class ships only anyway. I'll be sailing on the Connie in Dec. and vaguely remember asking that question and was told it was not an option for C class and M class ships. Regardless, you will LOVE those sky suites on Mercury, (we had 1202 & 1209) and would cruise them again in a heart beat. And the T-pool amenity ahhhhhhhhh....................!! Have a great cruise.:)

Jennifer

Archived