Just off Disney Magic - swim diapers and hot tub closures

CruisingSarah

Just off Disney Magic in the Med and thought I would report.

Well one day in the Mickey pool I saw the slide attendant ask parents to remove a diapered toddler from the main pool and he was pointing to the splash area to indicate they should go there. I didn't really notice any other diapered children in the pools. They had a regular toddler splash time in the splash zone which was listed in the Navigators and attended by kids counsellors with toys.

However one of the hot tubs in the Goofy pool area was closed then reopened then closed again on the last sea day due to a poo in there :eek:

On the whole people seemed to be abiding by the rules and DCL seemed to be taking them seriously.

It's terrible that someone obviously ignored the "rules" and caused the pool to be closed, affecting anyone who may have wanted to use that pool. Shame.

accidents can also happen with "potty trained" kids. Where we take the kids for swim lessons- the pool closures were related to bigger kids accidents the majority of the time. We had our "potty trained DS wear snug fitting cloth swim diapers for well beyond a year after potty training just in case. Swim school also now requires double swim diapers til 4yrs old (cloth swim diapers-- not the "diaper brand swim diapers")

Archived