how do they do it?

I saw that it was on, and hit the DVR.. Saw the beginning of it, and had to miss the 2nd part where they discussed the food. Will go back and watch it later tonight. I LOVE those shows--"How do they do it", "how it's Made", "Big, Bigger, Biggest". Wish I could remember what show had the episode with the hotel in Bangkok where they had a park, a few restaurants and an infinity pool on top of 3 different hotel towers..

that's the one. about fuel, the carnival freedom gets 60 ft to the gallon. i thought my truck was thirsty.

i missed the show, but am familiar with the stats... oasis gets about 33 ft per gallon, also, by comparison...

it's staggering, isn't it?! :eek:

that's the one. about fuel, the carnival freedom gets 60 ft to the gallon. i thought my truck was thirsty.

That's 88 gallons to the mile....

i missed the show, but am familiar with the stats... oasis gets about 33 ft per gallon, also, by comparison...

it's staggering, isn't it?! :eek:

160 gallons to the mile....

Just think of the cost of running the Carnival and RCCL fleets every day....

That's 88 gallons to the mile....

160 gallons to the mile....

Just think of the cost of running the Carnival and RCCL fleets every day....

i have, and the cost and consumption of the respective fleets are staggering.... though not unexpected, given what we're talking about...

carnival, though, clearly, has a better ROI than RCCI in this regard... for better or worse...

That kind of statistic could make you trade cruising for sailing!

A couple of summers ago, when gas prices were so High, a local news program was interviewing boaters to see how the fuel prices woud effect local truism on Lake Erie. Dad reassured the reporter that the fuel prices would have no effect on his boating plans at all.

I didn't have the heart to explain to the reporter that dad is a SAILOR and has never yet used a full tank of diesel in any one season in over 20 years.:rolleyes:

Too bad they can't make solar ships!

Archived