Sea Food Restaurant Malaga

scottie99

Having passed through Malaga many times, but only en route to other Spanish destinations, my up coming Azura cruise will let me visit Malaga for the first time.

A friend was telling me about a 'famous' open air fish restaurant (so famous he could remember the name or where it is) that I must visit.

He says the waiters walk about with plates of mussels etc and you just call one over as required.

Does all this mean anything to anyone on the boards? Can anyone suplly more info?

Thanks in advance.

Having passed through Malaga many times, but only en route to other Spanish destinations, my up coming Azura cruise will let me visit Malaga for the first time.

A friend was telling me about a 'famous' open air fish restaurant (so famous he could remember the name or where it is) that I must visit.

He says the waiters walk about with plates of mussels etc and you just call one over as required.

Does all this mean anything to anyone on the boards? Can anyone suplly more info?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, scottie99,

I think your friend is referring to 'El Tintero' restaurant, which is at El Palo, on the eastern end of the Bay of Malaga. Yoy would be better getting the No: 11 bus from the city centre, as it's a very long walk round the Bay!

Here are a couple of links for more info:

http://www.andaluciacoastandcountry.com/tintero.html

http://www.malagainformation.com/maps.html

PS: A little Spanish helps, we had friends who visited a 'Tintero' and nearly starved, as by the time they had worked out what the dish on offer was, it had been 'snapped up' by the locals! Salud!

Hi, scottie99,

I think your friend is referring to 'El Tintero' restaurant, which is at El Palo, on the eastern end of the Bay of Malaga. Yoy would be better getting the No: 11 bus from the city centre, as it's a very long walk round the Bay!

Here are a couple of links for more info:

http://www.andaluciacoastandcountry.com/tintero.html

http://www.malagainformation.com/maps.html

PS: A little Spanish helps, we had friends who visited a 'Tintero' and nearly starved, as by the time they had worked out what the dish on offer was, it had been 'snapped up' by the locals! Salud!

Thanks medviewtwo.

This place looks incredible!

Sorry for jumping in on your thread, but what the heck. :)

Are there other restaurants that fellow cc's have enjoyed and could recommend?

Thanks in advance!!

Kathy

Hi, Kathy,

-you might find this link to a CC posting from a Spanish guy, who's a resident of Malaga,

useful. It contains a list of his recommended Tapas Bars and Restaurants in the City:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=25639962&highlight=miguelangelo#post25639962

Cheers

Bryn

Sorry for jumping in on your thread, but what the heck. :)

Are there other restaurants that fellow cc's have enjoyed and could recommend?

Thanks in advance!!

Kathy

Hello Kathy,

If you are looking, specifically, one fish and seafood restaurant, my recomendation is to go near the beach, (seaside), east part of Malaga, between "La Malagueta" and "El Palo". From the nearest to the port to the more distant, this is my list.

* Tropicana. In the Paseo Maritimo, modest and cheap, standard quality, but very near to the ship ( using the east exit of the port ), you can go easily walking. In the same walkway you can find some others with similar level.

* Maricuchi. In Pedregalejo neighborhood, Paseo Maritimo el Pedregal, medium budget, better quality.

* El Sardiná. In the same street beside the beach, a very good restaurant but more expensive than the others around.

* El Caleño. Other good one, medium-high budget.

* Los Espigones. Beside El Caleño, a little bit cheaper but very good.

* Las Palmeras. Hermanos Muñoz. Los Cuñaos. This three restaurants are together, at the end of the Paseo Maritimo del Pedregal, near El Palo, and have the same level, modest and cheap, but the quality is good.

* El Tintero. Maybe the more famous (but not the better) restaurant in this area. The fame came from the way they sell the plates, anouncing screaming the kind of fish they are taking out the kitchen. Very original and, in the past, good quality also.... But the last years we saw how that quality was droping down ( in my opinion ), and now they only have the originality.

In the centre, recently is open a new restaurant, very near Calle Larios, with the same speciality of fish and seafood. The name is Los Mellizos, in the Calle Sanchez Pastor. Ideal for the people who dont want to move far from the monuments but like to try the delicious tipical food from Malaga .

If you want more information of diferent kind of restaurants just ask me... Eating is the only thing I like more than cruising, and I know a lot of places here in Malaga. And please excuse my bad english.

Hi, miguelangelo,

- thanks for posting your personal recommendations - nothing better from a genuine Malagueno! Have added these to your great Malaga Centre Tapas Tour, which you posted recently. Looking forward to trying some of these, as we live just down the Costa.

Hope you enjoyed your recent Feria.

There's nothing wrong with your English - just wish my Spanish was half as good!

Salud!

Hello Kathy,

If you are looking, specifically, one fish and seafood restaurant, my recomendation is to go near the beach, (seaside), east part of Malaga, between "La Malagueta" and "El Palo". From the nearest to the port to the more distant, this is my list.

* Tropicana. In the Paseo Maritimo, modest and cheap, standard quality, but very near to the ship ( using the east exit of the port ), you can go easily walking. In the same walkway you can find some others with similar level.

* Maricuchi. In Pedregalejo neighborhood, Paseo Maritimo el Pedregal, medium budget, better quality.

* El Sardiná. In the same street beside the beach, a very good restaurant but more expensive than the others around.

* El Caleño. Other good one, medium-high budget.

* Los Espigones. Beside El Caleño, a little bit cheaper but very good.

* Las Palmeras. Hermanos Muñoz. Los Cuñaos. This three restaurants are together, at the end of the Paseo Maritimo del Pedregal, near El Palo, and have the same level, modest and cheap, but the quality is good.

* El Tintero. Maybe the more famous (but not the better) restaurant in this area. The fame came from the way they sell the plates, anouncing screaming the kind of fish they are taking out the kitchen. Very original and, in the past, good quality also.... But the last years we saw how that quality was droping down ( in my opinion ), and now they only have the originality.

In the centre, recently is open a new restaurant, very near Calle Larios, with the same speciality of fish and seafood. The name is Los Mellizos, in the Calle Sanchez Pastor. Ideal for the people who dont want to move far from the monuments but like to try the delicious tipical food from Malaga .

If you want more information of diferent kind of restaurants just ask me... Eating is the only thing I like more than cruising, and I know a lot of places here in Malaga. And please excuse my bad english.

The name of the street where "Los Mellizos" restaurant is "Sancha de Lara" and not "Sanchez Pastor". Sorry

Archived