Just back Liberty of the Seas 8/15

Just saw that some of the ships are now offering a beer bucket (cooler thingy). You buy 8 beers for 35.00 and get the cooler. Then after that 8 beers for 25.00 or something like that. Were they offering this on your cruise??/ My DH and SIL will love to know the answer. Hope that made some sense.:rolleyes:

Laura

I stayed one night at Ft Lauderdale and just returned tonight. I stayed at deck 6 balcony at starboard side. I did not notice any odor problem from my balcony. At the last night, I went out deck 4 port side and smelled the sewage odor badly.

I saved the cruise compass but I need some time to scan them.

the tickets were given out between 9 and 11 on 1 day only. By 11, both shows were sold out. I didn't think I had to get there early because I had read that some ships aren't even using tickets anymore and the shows are never full. Live and learn. Next time I will be first on line:D

Did something happen on your particular cruise? There are usually 4 or so presentations of the ice show.

I stayed one night at Ft Lauderdale and just returned tonight. I stayed at deck 6 balcony at starboard side. I did not notice any odor problem from my balcony. At the last night, I went out deck 4 port side and smelled the sewage odor badly.

Ok, I can give you some time, but remember that I am going next sunday :D.....just kidding...

Thanks for your report, we will be on LOS on Jan 9th! Can't wait and I'm so glad you mentioned something about the tickets for the ice shows, I read the same thing as you about some ships doing away from tickets....and I wouldn't want to miss it!

Thanks for your report, we will be on LOS on Jan 9th! Can't wait and I'm so glad you mentioned something about the tickets for the ice shows, I read the same thing as you about some ships doing away from tickets....and I wouldn't want to miss it!

The Compass will have a large announcement of the Ice Show schedules and the time and place of the ticket distribution. It's usually done in the morning of the first sea day in front of Sorrentos. Any tickets left will be available at Guest Relations.

There was a new team for the ice shows so they changed the schedule around a bit and had 4 shows 2 on day $ and 2 on Day 5. The ticket were handed out on Day 2 at 9am by Sorrentos, we had no problem getting any. What did annoy me with the ticket distribution was the way they asked how many you wanted without checking your room number or how big your group was, I saw many people being greedy and getting more tickets than they needed and for multiple shows, we just picked the 9pm on day 4 for the 3 of us. If you did not have tickets they would let you in 5 mins before the start of the show providing all seats wre not taken.

Regarding the sewage smell, i only noticed it once on the pool deck starboard site whilst docked at Miami, in between the H2O zone and the main pool, very localized to one small area and not too strong, Kinda smelled like a fat kid had just farted. Other than that never smelt anything again.

The one downer for me was having a new Ice show crew meant the day one 11.15pm parade did not happen and was not even rescheduled to another day. The activity director's excuse was the new team had too little time to practice for it (why ciouldn't they practice before joining the ship?)

Overall, excellent cruise, weather co-operated apart from Grand Cayman at 1pm when it rained real hard for a short while and Cozumel where a rain squal ran through our Tulum visit for 15 mins but then clearde up nicely for our beach break. Incidently, even if you are on a ship sponsored tour, listen to the times your tour guide gives you to rejoin the group. We left 2 people behind at Tulum, they managed to catch up to us at the beach break via taxi (we waited 10 mins for them then coach left). Then at the beach break we were suposed to leave at 5.30 pm to head back, 3 people were missing, at 5.45pm we left and went back to Playa Del Carmen to catch ferry to ship. We were all late back and ship waited 30 mins for us as we followed the tour instructions, the 3 people we left at the beach never made the ship and I am guessing had to book flights back to Miami from Cancun. I wonder who packed there stuff in their cabins when we got back to Miami and how they would retrieve their luggage?

There were 4,400 passengers on this cruise. Windjammer was very crowded during breakfast and lunch most of the time. I was able to get the ice show tickets at around 9:15am on day 2.

During lunch, the staff will find you a table if you ask them to- at least they did in the very back of the Windjammer. Not sure about breakfast, we either ate late or ate in the MDR so never had an issue.

We stayed on deck 7 port side. Perhaps that's why the smell seemed ever present. Don't get me wrong though- while sailing there was just a hint of odor but during muster it was very strong and offensive.

We stayed on deck 7 port side. Perhaps that's why the smell seemed ever present. Don't get me wrong though- while sailing there was just a hint of odor but during muster it was very strong and offensive.

Must of been a port side issue, we stayed in deck 6 hump cabin, no smell at all throughout cruise (other than the pool area when docked at Miami).

Maybe it was the content- fairy tales... not sure. There were a few folks leaving but YMMV (your mileage may vary) We usually like the production shows but this one missed the mark for us.

I too thought both of the production shows onboard Liberty of the Seas were not good. Both had fairy tail, childish type plots, I was not impressed. The up in the air show was not good also. Hopefully things will improve as I normally enjoy the production shows onboard.

the tickets were given out between 9 and 11 on 1 day only. By 11, both shows were sold out. I didn't think I had to get there early because I had read that some ships aren't even using tickets anymore and the shows are never full. Live and learn. Next time I will be first on line:D

It doesn't really sound like they have "plenty" of tickets if those that want to see a show can't see it. Was this a 7 night cruise? Is 2 shows typical on a 7 night cruise? I'm surprised, I would have thought the performers could handle a show each day except maybe departure day. I would have guessed at least 4 shows.

How many seats does the ice show hold?

Does the Liberty of the Seas have bathroom fans? Our family of 4 light sleepers are staying on Deck 3, across from the disco and under another bar on Deck 4.. considered taking a small fan, but read those are taken when checking in... any hope for white noise?

We were on this same cruise and have to first say that I completely agree w/ the sewage smell - it was awful! We were on deck 8 (aft) and would smell it as soon as we started walking down the hallway. Not sure if this was primarily an issue in the aft section, but we also noticed every night on deck 4 by the aft shuffleboard court (but the mid-ship court on deck 4 wasn't a problem).

On the last Sea Day, we were unable to flush our toilet from approximately 9:00 - 4:30 because of a clogged pipe (we were told this was a problem in the aft section, but I'm not sure how many decks it impacted). Bottom line, there were definitely plumbing problems on this cruise!

As far as the ice show goes, I'm wondering if they limited the number of shows because it was a new group of skaters? They didn't have the parade on the first night because it was a new group of skaters, so perhaps that impacted the number of performances as well? Just a guess...

Soooo did anyone see if they were offering the new beer bucket???

Laura

August 8th cruise had them. 35 for the first payment/cooler then 25 each refill. Only pita was they sold out of bud light a few times and were real sticklers about not filling with a different light beer. They eventually relented but they do have them and it's only for bud products.

August 8th cruise had them. 35 for the first payment/cooler then 25 each refill. Only pita was they sold out of bud light a few times and were real sticklers about not filling with a different light beer. They eventually relented but they do have them and it's only for bud products.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Bud products are ok with my DH and SIL, you just made to guys very happy!!!

Laura

There was not a reduced number of ice shows, still had the usual 4 shows, 2 on day 4 and 2 on day 5. Only show cancelled was the day 1 superliciuos parade at 11.15pm. The "ever After" production show was lame, maybe good for little kids, The "in the Air" show was very good and both the comedians on board were real funny.

No smells on startboard side Hump area, must of been limited to port side aft area, sorry you had to experience that. We had our toilet blocked once, called maintenance and they had it fixed within 10 minutes, i think my son dumped a huge load!

Archived