Butterfly Farm or garden

M&T

The butterfly farm is located near Orient Beach and is reachable by cab. If you are fit and can walk in the heat, you could cab up to the farm, a 25 minute ride, then hike over to the beach afterwards. We were there 10 years ago while staying on the island so I can't give a current description.

M&T ,

We were there last Nov and absolutely loved it . Being a cruise passenger they gave us a 3 dollar discount with our s&s cards . We had never been before and were amazed , couldn't believe how much I enjoyed it . We are actually planning on doing the Butterfly Farm in Aruba next Jan .

We took a cab there for about $20 w the tip for two and then went for the day

to LeGalion Beach which is about a 1/4 mile walk down the same dirt road .

Hope this helps ! Ted

We went to the Butterfly Farm in Grand Cayman in December 2008 when all snorkel trips were cancelled due to rough seas (to our huge disappointment). Although not what we really wanted to do, it was a worthwhile excursion and I am happy I went. It began with a walk- around lecture and then there was free time to see the butterflies. They were beautiful, plentiful, and we got a lot of great pictures. Keep in mind it is not really a farm or rural location, but a covered, netted area in the outskirts of town.

• 2 months later...

Hey Clare , I think that sounds perfect . My wife and I left ship early and went riding and to the butterflies . We left three teens with my FIL sleeping in and left cab fare and written instructions for Le Gallion . The timing was perfect their taxi/van pulled in as my DW and I were leaving the Butterfly farm . We had a simply wonderful day , hope you all do too ! Ted

Archived