Carnival fun points redemption

worry wart

In order to get a statement credit on your carnival bill for partial fun points do you have to have a certain amount of points available to be able to do it that way? Looking at their website that is how it appeared to me or am I misunderstanding something? If not enough points to use towards a statment credit then I would have to use it for an obc credit instead? I was going to use it as a credit so that money I spend on board could get me double points and then pay it off with my points after I got home but it looks like you need over 18,000 points I believe, in order to do it that way?

Are you talking about the latest one.

If so had 7500 points and arranged on line for a 50 obc for a previous cruise.

Worked fine.

Since than found a better card for cash back so now lonly use it for carnival stuff where we get double points so will take a while to get an obc credit.

In order to get a statement credit on your carnival bill for partial fun points do you have to have a certain amount of points available to be able to do it that way? Looking at their website that is how it appeared to me or am I misunderstanding something? If not enough points to use towards a statment credit then I would have to use it for an obc credit instead? I was going to use it as a credit so that money I spend on board could get me double points and then pay it off with my points after I got home but it looks like you need over 18,000 points I believe, in order to do it that way?

I'm not sure I understand your question, but I'll take a shot.

You want to use your Carnival Mastercard on the ship (to get double points)and then apply those points to your balance when you get home...is that right?

I haven't cashed in any of my points yet, but I assumed you'd be able to do that! You might try calling their toll-free number. I'd be interested in what you find out!

yes, that is what I mean't. I have read on here in past that it is the best way to do it, therefore earning extra points instead of just receiving an online obc. I did call but the girl I spoke to didn't seem very informative to my questions. She did say that I could either go online or call when I came back from the cruise and could use points towards a statement credit. She didn't tell me that I could only do it if I had accumulated a certain amount of points but when go go online to the website where it says redeem points (where she told me to go), from looking at it, if I understand it correctly, it looks as though you must have quite a few points in order to put in for the statement credit. You can put in for a 50 or 100 dollar obc though ahead of time to use, with less points.

You do need quite a few points to redeem for a statement credit. For instance, it takes 5,000 pts to redeem a $50.00 credit towards your bill. It takes 7,500 pts to redeem for $50 onboard credit. You can get statement credits on anything purchased from carnival or from any airlines. If its a Carnival purchase you get double the points awarded to you for the purchase. If you use the card for only Carnival purchases you will probably not benefit from it. I use the card for every purchase I make and then pay it off weekly. I prepaid my $850 onboard credit for an upcoming cruise and have already redeemed a credit for $400 of that back. That took all my points. It was worth the effort to me. As was mentioned earlier, if you have good credit you can find much better deals on cash back or travel rewards cards elsewhere, but if you are like me, the Carnival funpoints add to the enjoyment of counting down the days to cruise. Hope this helps!

I just cashed in 72,000 points for a $900 credit. You can go on the web site and figure how to get the most for your points. You can redeem I believe for up to 3 months prior. You can act like you are redeeming points and it will give you options. I had booked a cruise last minute so had an entire cruise as one charge, a deposit on another cruise, the final payment for the same one and onboard charges. They all came up with the amount of points necessary. For the big charge, it gave me 3 different point levels. I did some simple math and figured the best use of the points was against the cruise I had paid in full.

You do need quite a few points to redeem for a statement credit. For instance, it takes 5,000 pts to redeem a $50.00 credit towards your bill. It takes 7,500 pts to redeem for $50 onboard credit.

Why would you go with the onboard credit then if you need 2,500 more points than just getting the $50. off your charge bill? They'll put whatever is on your sign & sail card on your credit card statement so just get the $50. off then....or am I missing something here? I just got one of these credit cards - signed up while on the ship & it seems to me like a lot of stipulations, such as can only be used for ship's services or merchandise & not "on-board" charges.

You are not missing anything. The way it is set up, it is beneficial to pay for your sign and sail with the card then use the points (doubled in this case because it would be a carnival purchase) for a statement credit when you return. I simply paid mine in advance on the card and have already taken the credit against my bill. I have no idea why anyone would redeem them for OBC instead of statement credit, based on the comparative cost in points. Perhaps there is a good explanation, but I don't see it.

Archived