Rental cars on St. Lucia

Jenbo57

Hello!

I'm looking for anyone who's had recent (past 6 months or so) experience renting a car on St. Lucia. We've rented cars/driven in some pretty crazy places, so I'm not too worried about finding our way around. I'd just like to hear what people's experiences were as far as having enough time to see what you wanted to see, etc. (We'll be there from 9:00 - 5:00.)

Thanks!

We rented car while there in January and drove from port to Soufriere. The challange on St Lucia was deciding whether to be very patient on the narrow hairpin roads or to gamble a bit while passing, because there are almost no straight aways. Lets just say my wife closed her eyes a number of times when I made a move to pass.:) We took our time and stopped along the way and did not have any trouble doing what we wanted and getting back to the ship by 4:30.

We rented car while there in January and drove from port to Soufriere. The challange on St Lucia was deciding whether to be very patient on the narrow hairpin roads or to gamble a bit while passing, because there are almost no straight aways. Lets just say my wife closed her eyes a number of times when I made a move to pass.:) We took our time and stopped along the way and did not have any trouble doing what we wanted and getting back to the ship by 4:30.

Thanks for the input. The roads sound a bit like the Kahekili Highway on Maui, parts of which can be very scary! We're up to the challenge...should be fun! ;)

Archived