What happens on your way home..

I can't stand the thought of going to work the day after a cruise so I always take an extra day off. I usually don't eat a great deal because of being too lazy to fix anything. I mop around,jump on the computer and start planning another cruise:D

I also take an extra day off work to clean house, wash clothes and just relax before going back to the grind. Oh yea and I check my lotto tickets because one of these times I won't have to go back to work :D

When we get home after greeting our dog the first thing we do is upload the pictures! Def a pizza night (already put on 5 lbs on the ship so what's one more)!

we did find that the option to carry off your own luggage from the ship does allow you to live the last day on the ship to the fullest by not having to be packed by a certain time. just throw it all in the suitcase in the morning.

Ok, I'm strange...I admit it freely! So...to avoid having "10 things to do immediately" when returning home from cruise, I make a pan of lasagna (or some other comfort food) the week before we cruise and freeze individual portions.

We usually land sometime between 6-8pm, then with retrieving our luggage and a 35 minute drive, we get home late and tired. We leave the carrying/unpacking/laundry for tomorrow. All we do is take showers, nuke lasagna and enjoy it with a glass of wine, then talk about the cruise until we fall asleep. DH always takes the next day off so he helps me with the waiting work and he (gawd, I'm lucky and I know it!) HE goes grocery shopping.

The drive home for us is 8-12 hours, depending on the port, but we always enjoy the last bit of time together before hitting the 9-5 grind again.

The hardest part about being back for me is Monday morning, sitting at my desk around 10:30, and the only thing I can think is:

"I'M STAAARVING!!!"

Well, after crying 1/2 way home, we decide what we start thinking for the first time what we have to do the week ahead.

We have one last good meal at Sam's Restaurant in

Fairfield, TX.

As we get close to home, we always stop at the local Braums store for milk.

When we get home and start bringing stuff in, we leave the largest suitcase in the laundry room, since it's filled with dirty clothes.

Talk about a bummer! We suffer "cruise withdrawal"

until we leave the house headed for another cruise!

Happy trip home to all, :)

Cruzin Lady

do you happen to live close to Mexia or Teague???? Fairfield sounds so familiar....my Grandparents lived in Teague and we spent many summers of our childhood with them there....:D

Archived