Idle Thoughts

brian_uk

Do we need a special plug adapter? Read about the 110 and 220, but wasn't sure about the plug. Thanks.

There are electric sockets for both European and American appliances.

You don't state where you're from, so if you use either of these you're fine.

Kay

Hi Jan

I assume that you only moved things from a lounger chair rather than a lounger who was resting on the chair........

I decided that it was better to request that an Officer deal with the problem but NONE arrived after at least 20 minutes so we sat elsewhere.

Javier and a good friend left us a bottle of Wine and I thanked hiom for that and I will thank the other person in due course.

As far as plugs behind the bed are concerned I will try and find out if I can.

As for the Piano player, we sat in Martinis last night and he had a number of " The Crowd " in hysterics....sadly he did not mean to......Says he has been with the Company for 10 years but I have no idea as what.

Brian

You are very funny Brian.. I do think that the fellow you are referring to is the same guy who sang such songs as Take Me out to the Ball Game ..

Now That's entertainment! lol

We arrived home Monday night after a great trip on Nautica from Barcelona to Istanbul. As I said earlier, the food and staff were at the usual superb levels and for the first time we realised just how good a Butler can be.....thanks to Rejya ( Ray).

Other than the Entertainment (or lack of) we were well pleased with the trip and I really think that O need to give a little more thought to the use of their $$'s in this direction. The Band were, I am told, Polish as was the disastrous Pianist Wish....that was his first name...rather than my hope that he was elsewhere. We were also offered a Russian Pianist and a Solo Clarinetist both of whom could empty a theatre very quickly. We quite enjoyed the magician although his few tricks were very old and simple and my grandkids can do variations of them.

The Entertainment team were OK and I have high praise for the CD John Leslie and his Assistant Willie Ames (despite reading bad things about the latter elsewhere)....Both were very approachable at all times.

We ate mainly at Toscana and Polo and also Tapas on 4 occasions. Only one night in the GDR and I found our table for 4 was way too small to take all the plates and glassware.

This was our fifth Med cruise in 5 years and there is still little to compare to the differences in all the Countries visited.

We met some great people and will keep in touch with many and as I said earlier we had a G R E A T time.

Brian

We ate mainly at Toscana and Polo and also Tapas on 4 occasions. Only one night in the GDR and I found our table for 4 was way too small to take all the plates and glassware.

More details on your dining experience, service, food selection and quality, any waits in seating, length of meals? How was the reservation policy handled? Did you order wine, if so how was the service, selection, and prices?

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. And good to hear you had a GREAT vacation.

More details on your dining experience, service, food selection and quality, any waits in seating, length of meals? How was the reservation policy handled? Did you order wine, if so how was the service, selection, and prices?

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. And good to hear you had a GREAT vacation.

It is really hard to be subjective about this as we all have different tastes. For Jean and I it was a great choice in both Polo and Toscana but in truth I ALWAYS eat the same thing.

Spaghetti Arabiatta (spicy)

Caesar Salad

Fillet Mignon Baked Potato and Steamed Broccoli

No dessers.

The only difference in Polo was that I had the Crab Cake instead of the Pasta.

When we ate in Tapas I always ordered a Spaghetti Bolognese as a main course at midday ready for the evening.

I am a man of simple taste or to quote that famous sailor

I YAM WHAT I YAM AND THATS ALL THAT I YAM !!!

As far as Wines were concerned I stick to the Rose from Provence but at $42 including service I tought it expensive for a bottle that costs $7.

Brian

Being in an OS carries some priveleges....including almost unlimited opportunities to eat in Toscana and Polo.

The Butler tried to book them on alternate nights but I said we preferred to decide no more than 48 hours in advance....we occasionally cancelled on the same day if we were really tired and went to Tapas.

Sadly I am a repetitive person and in EVERY restaurant I visit they know exactly what I want ..........

Brian

Thanks Brian. Once when DH and I worked at the same company, I did a test. I asked him to pick the restaurant for lunch each day. For one week he picked the same restaurant and ordered the same food, strange part when I told him what he had done at the end of the week, he was very surprised; had no idea that he had the same lunch for 5 days in a row...... He's in much improved now, two in a row is what he usually goes for....

Again thanks for the info.

Archived