San Juan

themutis

We enjoyed the tour of Fort San Cristobal, but those type of things may not be for everybody. If you don't see anything that interests you, why not head straight to the dock and get a jump on settling in to your cabin and exploring the ship?

I was there in July ...

D15-A.jpg

D15-B.jpg

And this beach looked pretty good to me ...

D15-C.jpg

When we were in San Juan we did the City/Bacardi tour....I would rate the Bacardi tour as just OK. The tour also included San Cristobal and I guess I have seen enough of them over time because it also was just OK in our opinion.

Walking through Old San Juan though was beautiful, the architecture is so pretty and the cobblestone streets. It was the best part.

We wanted to go to Coronado beach but it was raining so we didn't think it would be very nice.

I can't wait to return to San Juan on our next cruise :)

When we were in San Juan we did the City/Bacardi tour....I would rate the Bacardi tour as just OK. The tour also included San Cristobal and I guess I have seen enough of them over time because it also was just OK in our opinion.

Walking through Old San Juan though was beautiful, the architecture is so pretty and the cobblestone streets. It was the best part.

We wanted to go to Coronado beach but it was raining so we didn't think it would be very nice.

I can't wait to return to San Juan on our next cruise :)

',,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I have never heard of a Coronado beach in San Juan. perhaps you meant the Condado which has hotels and a beach. Swimming there is prohibido (prohibited).

my apologies, I got the name of the beach wrong, thank you for correcting me. I didn't know there was no swimming on that beach, in all the literature I read it was regarded as being a good beach to spend the day, one would assume that meant you could swim there. Thanks for the heads up :)

I agree with a lot of the posters -

OSJ is beautiful.

I haven't been to San Cristobol (the fort that is right downtown) but have been to del Morro - which is very cool. I think there is a trolly that will take you there.

Bombannero (?) is awesome - it will probably be crowded but the food is awesome and the dessert pastry is to die for.

Have a great time - there's tons to do - just not through the ship.

Archived