Oreana part of world cruise

ivydun

Hi

Do you mean OCeana or OrIana ?

The reply is subtly different depending on which ship.

Actually, thinking about it, (& I haven't checked with P&O forum) I am guessing you mean Oriana, as I don't think Oceana is doing a world cruise (though of course I could well be wrong:p)

With Oriana, (and Aurora, Artemis & Arcardia) the tipping is entirely your own choice - with a suggested amount per person per day (around £3.60) to be split between the restaurant stewards and the cabin steward. Most people tip personally on the last evening of the cruise (or world cruise segment) using the supplied envelopes.

With Oceana (& Ventura), it depends whether you have club dining or freedom dining. With Club dining, the tipping is as above.

With freedom dining, the restaurant portion is added to your on board account (as you may have different stewards each time) - I believe you can change the amount by visiting the front desk, but have never done so. The cabin portion is again down to you personally with the envelope at the end of the cruise (or segment). The suggested amounts are the same.

Not sure where Azura or Adonia come in the scheme of things.

These amounts are (generally) lower than many other lines where tips are still expected/suggested - for example on Cunard it is $11 pppn.

You are also quite welcome to tip any other staff you feel has gone above & beyond :D.

Extract from P&O website

First of all, please do not worry about it. Who, when and how much you tip is at your discretion. Tips are usually given in cash at the end of your holiday to your stateroom Steward, Restaurant Stewards in the Club Dining restaurants, and to any other staff who you feel you wish to reward. The amount you tip is entirely up to you although, as a guide, we recommend a total amount per person (aged 12 and over) of £3.10 per day, which covers all staff who have looked after you during your holiday. The only exception to this is for passengers travelling on Oceana and Ventura who have opted to enjoy the flexibility of Freedom Dining as, with this style of dining, you may be seated at a different table and served by a different waiter on each occasion. We will therefore add an automatic service charge of £1.60 per passenger, per day to your shipboard account for the Restaurant Stewards. You will, of course, be able to increase or decrease this charge at your discretion by visiting Reception at any point during your cruise. You can also tip any other staff, including your stateroom Steward, as you feel appropriate. Further details of who and when you should tip can be found in your stateroom.

http://www.pocruises.com/Help/Money/

I assume you are on Oriana so you can ignore the bit about Freedom dining as Oriana does not have this.

Brian

Archived