Which port to skip an excursion, St Thomas or St Kitts.

startpacking

Will be on the Carnival Victory and since the ship visits a port each day I really don't want excursions booked for each port. Which port is better to visit independently, St Kitts or St Thomas and which is the better port to join an excursion. Any suggestion/advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

progress.gif

It's probably easier to do on your own in St. Thomas, but I would consider a couple of things. Are you on both islands a full day? When the port times are short, I tend to use the ship excursions. Also look at the ship excursions on the cruise website? Is there one that really interests you? I'd do that one and do the other island on my own.

St. Thomas is really set up much better to do on your own. There are safari taxis that will take you downtown or to one of the many beaches. These taxis have bench seating on the back of a truck and are geared to hauling lots of people all over the island, particularly to the beaches. If you go off to one of the beaches, you will get likely get a nice ride around the island and your driver might even stop at one of the lookouts. Getting back is usually not an issue - just be sure to leave lots of time to make the ship.

Archived