Why am I having a hard time booking excursion in Sept/Caribbean cruise

SISer

I am cruising solo on the Victory, I have contacted many tour operators that I learnt of on CC. Most have replied by telling me there is nothing book for the day I need. I've never been to the Caribbean, is September a bad time to go? It sounds like there is little demand for shore excursions in September. Besides hurricane season and back to school I can't think of reasons why people don't travel in September. ANy advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

I am cruising solo on the Victory, I have contacted many tour operators that I learnt of on CC. Most have replied by telling me there is nothing book for the day I need. I've never been to the Caribbean, is September a bad time to go? It sounds like there is little demand for shore excursions in September. Besides hurricane season and back to school I can't think of reasons why people don't travel in September. ANy advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

Could be due to hurrican season...September is usually a busy month for storms.

Which tours are you looking at? Are you active in your roll call? There is always high demand for tours in the Caribbean 24/7 365. There are no off days :)

It might be the fact that you are sailing solo and checking with operators that would rather deal with a larger group. Rarely have I found that the case, but I would suggest checking with your roll call members to see what tours that have booked.

What tour operators are you looking at? When I think of the ones we booked with (Cosol, Levi Baron, Silvermoon), I would be surprised if they didn't operate anything when you're there....especially if one of them is Cosol. Couldn't believe how big his group was the day we used him. :eek:

I am also sailing solo on The Victory in September, what date are you sailing?

MIZZ_K, I've seen your posts on the roll call, we are indeed on the same cruise.

Thank you for the replies. I hadn't heard of Silvermoon and I will look at what shore excursions they offer.

I had contacted Levi Bumping, but the tours of interest to me are not being operated when I am in port in Dominica, he says it's the slow season.

The activity on the roll call certainly suggests that it is the slow season, the roll call for this cruise is fairly inactive. I have posted on the roll call.

I"ve chosen to book my excursions through Carnival, just for my own peace of mind being a solo cruiser, I have an excursion booked for every port except for Dominica, did not see anything that interested me, so that will be my take it easy day, maybe get off the ship for a little bit and souvenier shop.

I am now starting to look at Carnival excursions, I was hoping to avoid them, might book something for Barbados and I probably wil take things easy in St Kitts and St Thomas.

Thanks for all the replies/suggestions on this thread.

I am now starting to look at Carnival excursions, I was hoping to avoid them, might book something for Barbados and I probably wil take things easy in St Kitts and St Thomas.

Thanks for all the replies/suggestions on this thread.

If you have any interest in doing the turtles/snorkeling excursion, I would definitely give Silvermoon a try. We ended up doing the 12 person catamaran and though I was initially hesitant due to the cost, I was so thankful when we passed the Carnival excursion. They were packed in like sardines. Our crew was great and they were very attentive.

Archived