Need your opinions on cruise video collection playback

InternetAgeTraveler

As many of you know, I have compiled a set of over 120 cruise time lapse videos this summer. However, the last set I created I increased the playback rate. I am not sure it’s because I have viewed so many that I am getting impatient and want to get to the end.

So my question is can you provide feedback on the difference between a set of several videos and whether the higher playback rate is still sufficient to meet the objectives to provide comparison of itineraries, weather and sea conditions or whether the longer ones are better.

These videos are captured at one frame every 30 minutes and then a time lapse created at 2 hours per second. Thus, the entire cruise takes about one minute.

These videos are captured at one frame every 30 minutes and then a time lapse created at 1 hour per second. These cruises take about two minutes to view.

I’ve also played with a couple of other videos at a higher capture rate of one frame every 5 minutes. Is the additional detail valuable? Here are 2 that are played back at the 1 hour per second. As with the ones above, is the 2 minutes too long?

There are other examples in the time lapse section in my signature.

• 6 months later...

Hopefully we won't all be giving different opinions or it may not be too helpful to you, though there is probably an audience for each version. I found the 1 hour too high speed to really be able to focus on what was shown. I prefer the 2 minute versions (and could even sit mesmerized for longer than that!). I also enjoyed the additional detail in the 2 minute long 5 minute frames as it gave additional perspective on the lighting and subtle nuances. You do wonderful work. I have subscribed to your you tube channel so I can follow your future productions.

Thanks for these replies, I posted the question last season when I was still learning and appreciate any suggestions.

I like the 5 minute samples as well and the only drawback is a single week is over 1500 captures compare to only 250 at 30 minutes. I also agree that if it goes too fast, its just not as fun to watch.

I am getting ready for the start of this season, need to get the disk space cleaned up, the schedules worked out and everything set to go.

Archived