Freedom - Entire 2011 still vacant though dry dock

Hi,

Freedom is supposed to be in dry dock as reported several times

http://www.nationofwhynot.com/blog/?p=1312

But: I didn't see any outage in any calendar yet ?

Isn't it fixed yet when it will go to dock ? Will they cancel the affected cruises ?

Where is the dry dock ? Back home where it was built ? If yes, the journey also takes time ... maybe they use that to do repairs already while being on their way...

Cheers

Hi,

Freedom is supposed to be in dry dock as reported several times

http://www.nationofwhynot.com/blog/?p=1312

But: I didn't see any outage in any calendar yet ?

Isn't it fixed yet when it will go to dock ? Will they cancel the affected cruises ?

Where is the dry dock ? Back home where it was built ? If yes, the journey also takes time ... maybe they use that to do repairs already while being on their way...

Cheers

Freedom is in drydock wb March 20th 2011 and that cruise is not listed on the website, I would imagine that she will go to Freeport for her drydock, and yes, they will begins repairs as soon as she leaves Port canaveral, and probably before leaving, and may still be finishing when she arrives back 1 week later

Oh, yes, thanx. She's off on the RCCL site, but still available on German non-direct-RCCL sites. What happens with people already booked ?

Quite a short dry-dock period...I wonder how much you can do in that time ?

Not much room for an overall make-up/"plastic surgery", is it ?! :eek:

More kind of do the things that you can do in a week and in parallel the things that advertise good, like the big screens etc.

YOu would be amazed at how much they can get done in one week with enough manpower. It can be anything from replacing mattresses and linens to replacing carpets and handrails. And in this case they are doing so much more. They plan to 'upgrade' some of her amenities to similar things like on Oasis. We're scheduled for the first Western sailing after drydock. We can't wait!

Erika

Oh, yes, thanx. She's off on the RCCL site, but still available on German non-direct-RCCL sites. What happens with people already booked ?

Quite a short dry-dock period...I wonder how much you can do in that time ?

Not much room for an overall make-up/"plastic surgery", is it ?! :eek:

More kind of do the things that you can do in a week and in parallel the things that advertise good, like the big screens etc.

A week is the standard dry dock time, a dry dock is for things that they can't do when the ship has passengers aboard, they will scrape and paint the hull below the water line, and Freedom really needs this doing, it's drydock this year was postponed, they will also replace furnishings carpets etc that need doing, as well as install the Oasis upgrades

My understanding from another thread is that they are putting in a third theater, a big screen outside by the pool, adding the cupcake factory like on Oasis class, and the Shrek animation features, including 3D movies from DreamWorks. Should be fun.

bob123

Archived