Laundry on Maasdam

tranquility

Pre-packing, well more like planning, for our cruise from Boston to Montreal in a week and a half. DH has "requested" that I not overpack but plan to use self laundry or send out laundry more than usual. As I remember the self laundry is closed when in ports and we have several on this cruise.

This is our first HAL cruise and I have never used the send out service on any prior line. I know there is a bag where you can send as much as you can fit but as I remember the bag is fairly small. Any restrictions on what goes in it? Do I need to be concerned about sending clothing that can't tolerate hot water?

Just need to hear from those with experience. Thanks in advance, y'all.

We've not encountered the laundry room being closed while in port. I'll admit that I don't check in each port, only when I've wanted to do some laundry.

I've not had good luck sending out items that can't take hot water, but I know others recently haven't had the shrinking/fading I've experienced in the past.

Good luck.

I believe they are open all day and night. They did ruin a white shirt with spandex in it...my guess would be bleach and hot water, so be a little careful what you send...that said, that little bag can hold tons and just don't send anything you really need or really love! I still use their laundry service. One blouse isn't enough for me to give up free laundry!:D

Pre-packing, well more like planning, for our cruise from Boston to Montreal in a week and a half. DH has "requested" that I not overpack but plan to use self laundry or send out laundry more than usual. As I remember the self laundry is closed when in ports and we have several on this cruise.

This is our first HAL cruise and I have never used the send out service on any prior line. I know there is a bag where you can send as much as you can fit but as I remember the bag is fairly small. Any restrictions on what goes in it? Do I need to be concerned about sending clothing that can't tolerate hot water?

Just need to hear from those with experience. Thanks in advance, y'all.

Yes the bags are small,but you can pack them good!

Don't do like I did the first time I sailed with HAL. I packed a ton of things in it and when the guy came for pick up, I forgot to write what was all in the bag. It was a minor thing, but letting you know as a newbie.

Those yellow tags they place in your clothes are very strong and long lasting. I still have them in my shorts from a 2007 sailing!

There are laundry rooms on the Maasdam. I had a cabin (554) on my 2008 that was right across from it.

I never heard the machines unless I was right at my cabin door and someone was slamming a door then.

I can't recall the hours. I know that there was washing power in the room.

My only complaint was one night there was a small group in the laundry room (after 10 p.m.) that was really loud talking. So loud that both I and the people in cabin 552 had to stick our heads out the cabin to ask them to lower their voices.

I'm willing to say that the pricing was very reasonable, but who wants to be doing laundry on vacation??

The one on deck 5 (Main deck) was open all the time but only had 3 washers and 3 dryers. The whole time one washer was "out of order" and for awhile, a 2nd. washer as well. Cost is 8 quarters for the washer and 4 quarters for the dryer. That laundry room backs unto the elevators so no guests would be disturbed.

Deck 6 (lower promenade) had a larger washer and dryer room and it was locked in order to keep things quiet for the surrounding cabins but then it had a huge line-up with loud and complaining people waiting to get in so that defeated the purpose.

Deck 9 also had a laundry room and again, some washers were "out of order" and others were constantly in use.

They supply liqued soap/detergent.

Archived