Hotels in NOLA

Billymac

We stayed at the Place d'Armes in the French Quarter, 1/2 block from the St. Louis Cathedral. It was lovely, quiet, and we got a really good price. There are good, inexpensive hotels near the convention center, too, but I would advise you to stay in the French Quarter if at all possible. Especially if you're only staying one night. Whatever you do, avoid a room that is right on Bourbon St. It's really loud and noisy. Only one block away is much quieter.

Off of hotwire, I took one of their -book it and then we'll tell you what it is-deals.

Got the Holiday Inn-Chateau leMoyne for 3 nights in Dec for $245 total.

Location looks great (seems to be a block off Bourbon St)! And since this is our first visit to NOLA, location was important to me

Off of hotwire, I took one of their -book it and then we'll tell you what it is-deals.

Got the Holiday Inn-Chateau leMoyne for 3 nights in Dec for $245 total.

Location looks great (seems to be a block off Bourbon St)! And since this is our first visit to NOLA, location was important to me

Did that include local taxes? Wow.

Go to Johnny's PoBoys while you're there.

Did that include local taxes? Wow.

Go to Johnny's PoBoys while you're there.

Yep, total price including all taxes (but i did round off the amount-it really was $245.50)

Thanks for the tip on Johnny's-I'll make a note of that with my reservations

Johnny's is for lunch. You won't be disappointed.

Cafe Beignet on Royal can keep you from standing on line for an hour at Cafe DuMond.

I'm more interested in the Beignets than the coffee. Do you still recommend Cafe Beignet over Cafe Du Monde? We are staying at the Drury Inn, so we are a short walk from the French Quarter.

I'm more interested in the Beignets than the coffee. Do you still recommend Cafe Beignet over Cafe Du Monde? We are staying at the Drury Inn, so we are a short walk from the French Quarter.

Both places have fine beignets. At Cafe Du Mond, you'll stand on a line down the block before you ever get in. We cannot justify the wait. Cafe Beignet on Royal would be closer if you're thinking of walking. Beignets are beignets. They gotta be hot and fresh. Cafe Beignet is a small joint with some other things on the menu.

Here's a story. We were in the 2 years ago. Sitting behind were 3 couples? from San Francisco. One chick asked another "dodn't you order anything?" Her reply was "ididn't see anything on the menu that I wanted to poison my body with". We thought.'why come to New Orleans?

And, she wasn't all that and package of cheese to begin with.

And, for waht it's worth? I'll let people beat me with a stick before I'll drink coffee with chicory again.

And, for waht it's worth? I'll let people beat me with a stick before I'll drink coffee with chicory again.

Hi luddite,

My DW and I used to think like you did. Until we tried Community Coffee New Orleans Blend! As the old commercial said, "Try it, you'll like it". This is some good stuff.

bSKWyzbe1t_HTyy61VRw1A9uqktR4WFpiQYgmuKgJNmcocHf3zGuu8Tz1J4bDRqfb_Eix8S_1RRhPL0weT1WpYmXbSQ5QlwroR5jKzVCdFeIYfjV_l14Isf03x_2NIYAA9zYg6KFUct1N_3lxa1pYUrYE0mgW6ARZqKEKzY7GuKEm63c11BeETJ7_KPQBSMEMzFQbmk-jjF0Ps8Rtq9Tq_inIog

Now, if you're talking about Dixie beer then that's a different story :eek:. Every once in a blue moon I'll try one just to remind me why I didn't drink it anymore. I know... this logic doesn't make a lot of sense :D.

Jorge

Loved Place d' Armes in the French quarter. Old time charm in great location.

The courtyard is lovely! Just watch the midnight visitors...I stayed in an inside room and there was a crack under the door about an inch. I kept seeing something dart back and forth. the furry little thing finally ran out and i put a towel there. No more problems. Now granted this was 5 years ago...lots of improvements can happen in that amount of time. But it is/was a great place and fantastic location. Enjoy

We stayed at the Drury Hotel in the French Quarter. It was very reasonably, included breakfast and had a rooftop pool. You could walk to Bourbon Street and it was close to the cruise terminal. I would stay there again in a heartbeat. Have fun!

You can always get a sack of them to go from Cafe du Monde. Usually very little to no waiting. There is also a CDM location in the Riverwalk Mall which is closer to your hotel. If you take beignets outside to watch the ships on the river, watch out for seagulls and other birds. They are very accomplished and stealthy thieves. :eek:

You can always get a sack of them to go from Cafe du Monde. Usually very little to no waiting. There is also a CDM location in the Riverwalk Mall which is closer to your hotel. If you take beignets outside to watch the ships on the river, watch out for seagulls and other birds. They are very accomplished and stealthy thieves. :eek:

Thanks for the info and the warning about the birds. I had a Disney employee tell me that is part of the reason why they are so quick to pick up any food type trash that falls. Once the birds have a taste for human food, they will go after it, even in someone's hands. :rolleyes:

Archived