Tastings

Doughboy

They do have tastings and we really like them. Just don't do back to back tastings, we learned the hard way.:p They were $15.00/pp I believe. It may have gone up now. We did the martini more than once. Chris likes the beer tasting. Make sure you have food on your stomach!:)

We will be on the Pearl next month and was wondering if they will be having beer, margarita, martini or beer tastings. If so, how much do these usually cost? Thanks!

I found a Pearl freestyle daily from May and here are the tastings that were listed: French Wine and Cheese, Grey Goose Martini, Global Beer, Margarita & Guacamole, and Mojito. They were all listed at $15 per person. We'll be on the Pearl Sept 5, and would love to do both the Martini tasting and the Mojito tasting! :)

Last June on the Pearl, we went to the martini tasting. "G" is a wonderful bartender and showman. We enjoyed it so much that we were the first to arrive for the second one he did. I sure hope he'll still be there in November when we cruise on the Pearl again. If you see him, tell him Debbie from Texas says hi.:D

We did both the martini and mojito tastings on the Pearl in September. They were so well attended that we would show up early to get good seats at the bar. Our bartender was both entertaining and generous. Quite a show! Can't wait for the next cruise to do the tastings again. They were $15.00/pp, and automatic gratuity added to that. They usually give away something for being able to remember facts given at the beginning. I won a full-sized martini at the first tasting, and won a grey goose martini shaker at the second! They do schedule the margarita tasting at a time that makes it impossible to go to both it and either the mojito or martini tasting. They are always on sea days, too.

Enjoy!

i've heard that you can share your tasting with someone. is that true? I'm not adventurous when it comes to alcohol so i probably would only have a bit of the drink. Is it possible for my DH to sign up, pay the $15, then i could tag along and taste a bit of his drinks?

They are not full sized drinks. I suppose you could share but the chair at the bar is for paying customers only I found. He could stand behind you and enjoy the fun and taste your drink I suppose. We always got there early so we could get a place at the bar. There was paying overflow seats at the surrounding tables, but the most 'up front' fun and enjoyment of the entertainment was at the bar! These bartenders are very talented, told stories and jokes, and were just fun to talk to.

i've heard that you can share your tasting with someone. is that true? I'm not adventurous when it comes to alcohol so i probably would only have a bit of the drink. Is it possible for my DH to sign up, pay the $15, then i could tag along and taste a bit of his drinks?

Sharing has never been a problem for us. The wait staff just prepares one drink for the 2 of you. I just can't convince DH to come along with me.

• 4 weeks later...

Just so you know - they usually have a sign-up table as you walk in through the cruise boat. If you sign up you aren't obligated to show and they don't charge your card but it does help them guage interest. If you spend "long enough at the table other people will see you signing up and realize they can do the same and will look for it. It might help. And/or post that you are interested in doing this on the roll call for the ship's sailing date.

Just so you know - they usually have a sign-up table as you walk in through the cruise boat. If you sign up you aren't obligated to show and they don't charge your card but it does help them guage interest. If you spend "long enough at the table other people will see you signing up and realize they can do the same and will look for it. It might help. And/or post that you are interested in doing this on the roll call for the ship's sailing date.

Where? I never saw one...

The wine tastings were in Moderno and all were matched with various cheese and other finger foods to compliment the wines. The tastings were $15 for 5 wines.

I believe the beer tasting was at O'Sheehan's on the Epic. They also had martini and margarita tastings.

Archived