Just booked Triumph & have a few ?s

CruisinInNC

We just booked our second cruise - this one on the Triumph out of New Orleans for the end of next month. Just had a few questions if anyone can help us out:

What's the best hotel to stay at that's near attractions (French Quarter, etc) as we'll be spending 2 or 3 extra days in NOLA. Looking for cheap but clean, with shuttle to terminal and and preferably free parking for the duration of our cruise. I've already called Prytania Park Hotel - they offer free parking but must stay 2 consecutive nights & we're only going to stay the night before cruise & night we come back.

Any tips/tricks about the Triumph we should know about?

What about Belize, Cozumel, and Isla Roatan? Only excursion we're really interested in is snorkeling/scuba.

Thanks in advance for any advice!! :)

I recommend Victor for Roatan ... see the ports for other ideas, but he is the best imo. I love Roatan. Its my very favorite port. I stock up with coffee. I brought home 10 packages of coffee last time :(

If you look thru the gulf coast departures boards, you will see that Drury has in the past been the favorite hotel. They have a great breakfast, free cruise parking (but you pay $35 the first night now if you book the cruise package) and happy hour (3 drinks of your choice, that are STRONG, and food, hotwings and baked potatoes and such.

Its a short walk to the French Qtr. We walked to the ship with our luggage. I think its $7 pp for a taxi to the port to drop you off. We did the taxi back to pick up our car. Drury is fabuluous, huge rooms, black marble, huge tvs, just very nice. Thats why its a favorite.

2nd choice, is Superdome Holiday Inn. They have a free shutle on the hour, to take you anywhere you want to go. Sometimes they have the cruise package with free parking. They didnt offer it the night I needed it for Dec, thats why Drury. Holiday Inn is convenient, but the street next to it has a empty building, so they advise using the shuttle to walk to the french qtr.

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza, we had been originally booked at the Iberville Suites, you can find deals on these thru Hotels.com etc. We took the street car on Canal to Decatur and caught the street car there to Margartiville and then walked down Burbon Street back to the hotel. Did the same thing again the next morning to have breakfast at Cafe DuMond and then walk along the Mississippi where we could see the ship docked. Then about 11am we checked out and took a cab to the Cruise Terminal and by 12:30 we were eating lunch on the Lido deck of the Triumph. Cab fair was $10.00

Archived