Help Please

criscruise

Just left Miami on NCL Epic. Due to hurricanes in the Atlantic itinerary has been changed from Eastern to Western Caribbean. One stop will be Roatan.

I have no idea what is available. We're not typically ship excursion people. We are really just looking for something simple and to relax. Shopping, maybe a beach, jet skiing. Unless there is something we absoluelty should not miss. Any suggestions? Much appreciated.

Oh yes, we are 2 adults mid 40's and mid 50s. We are able to hike and walk, No restrictions.

Head up to West Bay Beach - one of the most beautiful beaches in the World. Great shore-entry snorkeling with the reef about 20-30 yards offshore, many restaurants to choose from for lunch/drinks and resorts sell daypasses (Mayan Princess, Bananarama, Infinity Bay) that provide you with a lounger and in some instances a drink or two.

If you see signs for Victor Bodden's Tour Company, head over to them and tell them what you want to do (a little shopping and some beach). They can either put you on a bus with other pax heading up to West Bay Beach or you can have a private car/driver for the day (usually $40/pp for 2). The driver will take you wherever you want to go, stay with your belongings while you're on the beach or in the water or whatever else you want. The day is yours......

Welcome to our Island and Enjoy!!

If you go to the Everything Epic section of this board (under the NCL page) I have a full review with pictures of our day on Roatan last month. It was the best day of our trip by far. We did a Victor Bodden "Zip and Dip" that included zip lining (our group was age 9 to 71) and then hung out with their monkeys for a bit before heading to Infinity Bay for lunch, lounging and snorkeling. It was all amazing.

1083-vi.jpg

894-vi.jpg

952-vi.jpg

1125-vi.jpg

Thank you Watchdiva & Mike. Very nice suggestions. I will pass along to dh and see what he thinks. I really do appreciate your help. I am one to usually check out all of the options in the months before we leave, but no chance this time. I am really looking forward to Roatan. Never been.

We had a great time seeing BMG & Slam Allen tonight.

Thanks so much for your help.

Thank you Watchdiva & Mike. Very nice suggestions. I will pass along to dh and see what he thinks. I really do appreciate your help. I am one to usually check out all of the options in the months before we leave, but no chance this time. I am really looking forward to Roatan. Never been.

We had a great time seeing BMG & Slam Allen tonight.

Thanks so much for your help.

My son just got back this morning and emailed us this:

Bananarama was BY FAR the highlight of the trip!!!!! It had the most AMAZING snorkeling ever!!!!!!!!!! Great find!!!

Another thumbs up here for Bananarama! We took a taxi ($20 pp, roundtrip) and paid $5 for each lounger. The beach is truly beautiful, you can rent snorkel equipment from several vendors. Be sure to have a drink at the little "tiki hut" known as The Pickled Gringo. Caroline makes a great margarita for $5, among other great tropical favorites.

Thank you all. We are now back home. Did the Bodden tour. Brett was our driver and was very nice. Did sdmike's itinerary-town tour, zip-line, West Bay/Bananarama and snorkeling. It was our favorite port of the trip. Have tons of pics with monkies and on the zip line. I will post a couple in the next few days. Thanks!!! It was a blast!

Archived