Bringing Things Onboard

travelman2009

Another smuggling thread. To answer your question-You are allowed to bring one bottle of wine or champanage? per person of drinking age. You can order bottles of alcohol thru the Bon Voyage Dept at a very inflated price.

Yes I use rum runners with no problem getting them thru security. My Bad.

Neither does Carnival.

You can order bottle service to be delivered to your cabin from Carnivals Bon Voyage dept. You can find that dept on Carnivals web site

Carnival does- if you consider wine alcohol. Each adult is allowed one standard size bottle in their carry on.

Carnival does- if you consider wine alcohol. Each adult is allowed one standard size bottle in their carry on.

I answered the basic question of the OP. My answer was not wrong. If you read the OP's post you would see the OP had the same problem on RCCL. RCCL allows personal wine the same as Carnival. It may not have offered up all of the possible scenerios in which Carnival may or may not allow alcohol.

I understood the OP's question to ask "Can I bring a bottle of Jack on board?" The answer is NO

Now, if you so choose to write an essay when answering a question delineating between all possible scenerios that the OP may or may not be asking about, be my guest

Why does everyone say that Carnival allows one bottle of wine per adult passenger? I checked their website and there is no mention of a limit of one per person. It says

"Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. However, wine enthusiasts may bring fine wine or champagne on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise....Excessive quantities of wine and nonalcoholic beverages, to be determined at the discretion of security and/or embarkation personnel, will be confiscated and discarded without compensation"

Has it been your experience that anything more than one per person is considered excessive by the security personnel?

Why does everyone say that Carnival allows one bottle of wine per adult passenger? I checked their website and there is no mention of a limit of one per person. It says

"Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. However, wine enthusiasts may bring fine wine or champagne on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise....Excessive quantities of wine and nonalcoholic beverages, to be determined at the discretion of security and/or embarkation personnel, will be confiscated and discarded without compensation"

Has it been your experience that anything more than one per person is considered excessive by the security personnel?

In FAQ's~

What is the Liquor and Beverage Policy?

A liquor and beverage consumption policy was created in order for Carnival to be able to control the liquor consumption of minors and the quantities consumed that lead to the disruptive behavior of others on board.

Liquor and Beverage Policy

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation Day:

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. However, at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring on board one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, only in their carry-on luggage. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the main dining room; $14 corkage fee per bottle in the steakhouse. (A corkage fee is a charge exacted at a restaurant for every bottle of liquor served that was not bought on the premises)

On embarkation day, guests may bring a small quantity (package of 12 per person) of non-alcoholic beverages onboard, only in their carry-on luggage.

All alcohol/hard liquor/beer (sealed, unopened bottles/cans), wine/champagne over the allowable 1-bottle per guest (sealed, unopened bottles) or excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages (over 12 per person, sealed, unopened bottles/cans) will be confiscated and stored for safekeeping until the end of the voyage. The retained item(s) will be delivered to the guest’s stateroom on the last night of the cruise. Unsealed liquids that are prohibited will be discarded, as well as any unclaimed items left after the voyage, and no compensation will be given in either case.

Large cooler restrictions:

Carnival Cruise Lines does not allow guests to bring large coolers on board its ships. However small, personal-sized coolers, no larger than 12”H x 12”L x 12”W for the purpose of housing small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages and/or medications are permitted as carry-on luggage. Screening and movement of large coolers through embarkation is an impediment to the boarding and security screening process. Therefore, large coolers are not permitted as carry-on or checked luggage.

Ports-of-Call:

Alcoholic beverages of any kind purchased in any Port-of-Call will be retained at the gangway, stored on board and held by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

Gift Shops On Board:

Alcoholic beverages of any kind purchased in the ship's gift shop will be stored on board and be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

Drinking Alcohol On Board:

The minimum age for the purchase and/or consumption of alcoholic beverages in the bars, lounges and gift shops is 21 years of age. In the event that Bar/Restaurant/Gift Shop staff are in question that a guest is less than 21 years old, they shall request picture identification, prior to serving the drink or selling the bottle of liquor.

Carnival reserves the right to refuse the sale of alcoholic beverages to anyone.

I answered the basic question of the OP. My answer was not wrong. If you read the OP's post you would see the OP had the same problem on RCCL. RCCL allows personal wine the same as Carnival. It may not have offered up all of the possible scenerios in which Carnival may or may not allow alcohol.

I understood the OP's question to ask "Can I bring a bottle of Jack on board?" The answer is NO

Now, if you so choose to write an essay when answering a question delineating between all possible scenerios that the OP may or may not be asking about, be my guest

Crikey- I didn't think that RCCL did allow wine. Sorry- a bit touchy perhaps?

RCCL does not allow personal wine to be brought onboard anymore. That changed a few years and cruises back:p;):D

Hence, the reason I have booked my future cruises with Carnival;)

RCCL does not allow personal wine to be brought onboard anymore. That changed a few years and cruises back:p;):D

Hence, the reason I have booked my furture cruises with Carnival;)

Thank you- I thought that was the policy.

Double crikey.

Sorry- a bit touchy perhaps?

Touchy? Yea,,maybe.

I guess due to forum/internet issues, I get touchey when people "Quote" me when I gave a correct answer to the question I thought was being asked.

How can all of us do better?

Posters can ask more precise questions. Instead of "Does Carnival allow alcohol to be brought on board?" they could ask "Can I bring on a bottle of Jack or a bottle of wine?"

Responders could do better when idiots like me answer the question but not to the satisfaction of another poster, instead of calling them out and quoting them they could say something like,, without quoting how wrong I was in your opinion.

"Another poster answered your question but they may have misunderstood your question. If you are asking about wine, then Yes, Carnival does allow this. If you are asking about hard liquer, then the other poster did offer the correct answer."

Sorry but in this case, you weren't even correct about the wine. And I find that quoting eliminates some very strange responses when people put things in between and suddenly your response is nonsense. I once found a response I made the HUGE topic of discussion when in fact it had been completely misunderstood.

And just to clarify, RCL no longer allows drinks of any kind- wine, hard liquor, water- apparently, nothing.

really?????

So, if I read the Q&S's correctly, my husband and I can each bring a bottle of wine on embarkation day. It's $10 for them to store it and serve it to us during dinner. BUT, are we allowed to keep it in our cabin?

Yes. You may keep it and drink it in your cabin. It is $10 (a bit more in the steakhouse) for "corkage"- opening it, serving it, glasses, etc- service. this charge seems to be hit or miss except in the steakhouse where, in my experience, they always charge. Your dining room waiter may or may not add the charge- and nobody seems to know why some do and some don't. Apparently if you bring a glass of wine to the table, you will not be charged.

Touchy? Yea,,maybe.

I guess due to forum/internet issues, I get touchey when people "Quote" me when I gave a correct answer to the question I thought was being asked.

How can all of us do better?

Posters can ask more precise questions. Instead of "Does Carnival allow alcohol to be brought on board?" they could ask "Can I bring on a bottle of Jack or a bottle of wine?"

Responders could do better when idiots like me answer the question but not to the satisfaction of another poster, instead of calling them out and quoting them they could say something like,, without quoting how wrong I was in your opinion.

"Another poster answered your question but they may have misunderstood your question. If you are asking about wine, then Yes, Carnival does allow this. If you are asking about hard liquer, then the other poster did offer the correct answer."

Or you could just not let your feelings get all hurt when someone shows that you're wrong on the internet.

Archived