Sky AC problems poll

Jrparne

AC problems SKY  

9 members have voted

1. 1. AC problems SKY

Hello all, first cruise coming up on the sky:) I have been seeing AC problems posted every now and then. I am just wandering if this is turning into a normal occurance from those who have sailed recently or just random incidents?

Your poll is a surprise to me because I have never heard of any AC problems on the Sky. I was just on the ship about a half a year ago and personally did not have issues with the AC. I read alot of reviews about the Sky and dont remember reading that anywhere.

AC can be a problem in any unit on any ship at anytime.

Not sure I understand the reason for the poll.

Read a review on the ship and then one recently by a lady who compared them with a disney cruise. It was i believe three reviews back. It has come up on "few" reviews. I just want more feedback thats all.

Hello all, first cruise coming up on the sky:) I have been seeing AC problems posted every now and then. I am just wandering if this is turning into a normal occurance from those who have sailed recently or just random incidents?

I was recently on the Sky and what I noticed was that when we were in port the environment seemed a little warmer. Don't get me wrong, it was a major difference between the outside temp and inside of the ship. I'm one that likes it a little cooler. My travel partner liked the cabin a little warmer but even when the AC in the stateroom was all the way up it was not as cool as the Carnival Dream for example. On the Dream I noticed that when the ship was in port, it was warmer throughout the ship but as soon as the engines were running and we were at sea the AC was higher. I assume that it is related to the engines running. Hope that helps. :cool:

Definitely had a/c issues on my July sailing. Mostly it was in my cabin, which was an aft facing balcony on Deck 9. In fact we had to keep the curtains closed all the time just to keep it at a reasonable temperature. I also noticed many warm and cold spots on SKY. The aft staircase area was always very warm, along with the buffet. Some areas were nice and cool, like the corridor just outside our cabin, and the Outrigger Lounge for instance. It was very hit or miss. I can deal with some warm areas of the ship, but my main issue was the cabin which hopefully is an isolated incident. We reported it but were basically told to just keep our curtains closed.

Ernie

Definitely had a/c issues on my July sailing. Mostly it was in my cabin, which was an aft facing balcony on Deck 9. In fact we had to keep the curtains closed all the time just to keep it at a reasonable temperature. I also noticed many warm and cold spots on SKY. The aft staircase area was always very warm, along with the buffet. Some areas were nice and cool, like the corridor just outside our cabin, and the Outrigger Lounge for instance. It was very hit or miss. I can deal with some warm areas of the ship, but my main issue was the cabin which hopefully is an isolated incident. We reported it but were basically told to just keep our curtains closed.

Ernie

Ernie, you reminded me of a moment in the cafeteria. I was near the kitchen and felt a blast of heat (steam) come from the area into the serving line area. Some areas were cooler than others. This was the week of August 16, 2010.

Archived