Veendam to Bermuda - 8/22-8/29

BigGreenFan

Just got off the Veendam so here's a very quick review:

Everything was great! No A/C problems (we were in 047 and 049). Food was very good. Crew was great. No signs of wear and tear that others have mentioned (and I looked everywhere for that frayed carpet!)

Itinerary is great. We took the 11:30 tender to St. George and experienced no crowding. Docking in Hamilton was wonderful and we enjoyed having dinner ashore both nights there.

The only complaint I had was that service in the Pinnacle Grill was reallllllllllly slooooooow. Food was excellent but service was beyond relaxed or leisurely and was downright glacial.

For those of you who have concerns about an upcoming cruise on Veendam based on some of the things you have read here, don't worry. You'll have a great time.

Just got home from the same cruise. It was fantastic to say the least. I will have a full review soon. One thing I can say for sure we found a new home with Holland America.

Just got off the Veendam so here's a very quick review:

Everything was great! No A/C problems (we were in 047 and 049). Food was very good. Crew was great. No signs of wear and tear that others have mentioned (and I looked everywhere for that frayed carpet!)

Itinerary is great. We took the 11:30 tender to St. George and experienced no crowding. Docking in Hamilton was wonderful and we enjoyed having dinner ashore both nights there.

The only complaint I had was that service in the Pinnacle Grill was reallllllllllly slooooooow. Food was excellent but service was beyond relaxed or leisurely and was downright glacial.

For those of you who have concerns about an upcoming cruise on Veendam based on some of the things you have read here, don't worry. You'll have a great time.

I almost agree! I was also on this cruise and had the most amazing time. We also had dinner in the Pinnacle and the service slow, but more relaxed than glacial.

I hope to write my own review--for now I have to tend to some chores--ahhhh the good life is over----I hope I remember how to use cash and not pay for groceries with my keycard--LOL!

Archived