Is Randi's Happy Horses out of business?

TexasMommy

We were interested in booking Randi's Happy Horses for our upcoming cruise. Zero response from her.

I've sent her two polite emails over the course of the past 6 weeks and had no reply from each. My husband also sent an email wishing to make a reservation and no reply to his email. This was 2 weeks ago....still no reply.

A friend on the same sailing with us all emailed her. No reply either.

Yes, we've checked our spam folders to see if that was the issue.

I'm floored. My only guess is that she is out of business.

Right now, I am looking at other options. If she is still in business, this really makes me cautious of her professionalism and reliability. This doesn't jive to me though....as I keep reading how nice she is and how great the outing is.

Hope I'm wrong?

We were interested in booking Randi's Happy Horses for our upcoming cruise. Zero response from her.

I've sent her two polite emails over the course of the past 6 weeks and had no reply from each. My husband also sent an email wishing to make a reservation and no reply to his email. This was 2 weeks ago....still no reply.

Right now, I am looking at other options. If she is still in business, this really makes me cautious of her professionalism and reliability. This doesn't jive to me though....as I keep reading how nice she is and how great the outing is.

Hope I'm wrong?

I haven't heard of any problems. She did have some problems with her computer a few months ago, and that could be what is happening now. You may try to email Mazatlan Frank and ask him. I know they work together on some of their tours. If you get any information, could you please post it here. I am sure others would appreciate it.

Hope I'm wrong?

No worries, something technical must be up - she is professional and reliable. Don't give up or worry, she will reply.

No worries, something technical must be up - she is professional and reliable. Don't give up or worry, she will reply.

We sailed the Carnival Splendor August 1-8, 2010....and on Thurs., August 5th...spent a WONDERFUL day with Randi's Happy Horses. I've also emailed back & forth with her several times since we've been home...the most recently a few days ago.

I would just try emailing her again....maybe use a different email address (work, kid's...). I know that the internet can be 'unpredictable' on her end at times...sometimes, it takes a week for her to respond..other times, I heard back the same day.

Please don't give up! Our day in Mazatlan with Randi's Happy Horses, her amazingly friendly staff....and her warm, friendly self...was the highlight of our 7-night cruise! In fact...it's where my favorite cruise picture came from. One of her staff used my camera to take a picture of myself, hubby & 18yr old daughter on our horses on the beach of Mazatlan! Such a fun day...and we'll definitely return ...to Randi's Happy Horses...on our next cruise.

I'm hopeful that you hear from her soon...check her website....it's randishappyhorses*dot*com I'll even email her to let her know that some folks are having trouble corresponding with her. Let me know if I can help!

Enjoy your planning....and enjoy your horseback ride and shrimp at Victor's on your day in Mazatlan =0):)

I just got an email from her today confirming our upcoming visit. We email each other lots and never had any problems. I hope you are able to get through - it is an amazing tour. Maybe you can tell me when you want to reserve and I can tell her for you (if that is allowed on here). Email me if not. bluesongbird3 at aol dot com

I e-mailed Randi last Monday 8/23 about riding in October. Randi e-mailed me back on Thursday 8/26 with a confirmation.

The e-mail was from "Randa Gairrison" on the subject line when it arrived ... maybe got tossed as spam?

Best of luck ... I have heard only good things to date about this tour.

PHXscuba

Randi is very much in business and is still doing a great job, I used Randi's last week while cruising on the Splendor and had a great time. I read many reviews of Randi lacking professionalism, She may be "rough around the edges" but, she is a professional when it comes to her horses, that is why they are happy, The horses appear to be well fed and cared for. If you are looking for a fancy office, a host in uniform to meet you or deluxe transportation to the island, then you should pass on Randi’s horses, You will not find any of the above. If you are looking to have a great time horsebacking riding at a reasonable cost, then Randi’s is a sure bet.

I just talked to Randi (Randa is her real name) on our webcams. She is still in business, but her computer has been down. I am trying to help her get it back up and going. So hang in there because it's a beautiful ride and the weather is great on the beach. The food at Victors is also great..as in "shrimp scampi" or Garlic Shrimp. If she can't get to her email, she can't answer so as soon as the cable company in Mazatlan can get to her, she will answer your requests..

Hope I'm wrong?

It has been the rainy season in Mazatlan lately and that may be why she has been having problems with her computer. Please wait a day or two and hopefully we'll get this straightened out and one of us Randi or myself, Mazatlanlb at the old aol dot com will answer your request.

• 2 weeks later...

Randi is definately in business. We just returned from the Mexican Riviera cruise and spent our day in Mazatlan with Randi and her staff. She has had problems with her computer, so please keep trying. You'll be happy you did.

Archived