Diamond Past Guest "SetSail" Pass Question

I have a question about Royal Caribbean's "SetSail" Boarding Pass - the one you print out after entering in your travel documents and credit card. The last time we went on Royal Caribbean, our past guest status was clearly marked on the boarding pass; this time all I can se on the document is a very tiny light blue "D" next to each of our names which I am going to assume is what indicates that we are Diamond Members.

Does Royal Caribbean still have a Diamond Waiting Area at the Pier in San Pedro for Los Angeles Departures? Does the cruise line still offer priority embarkation for Diamond Level past guests?

Since the boarding pass looks different, I though I would ask about embarkation procedures for Diamond level past guests. A lot seems to have changed at Royal Caribbean; with one cruise away from Diamond Plus status, I am not sure the past guest perks at Royal Caribbean are going to be enough to keep us loyal - lately, we have been cruising with Celebrity, where it seems all the good perks went!

Anyway, we are looking forward to a great multi-generational family cruise aboard the Mariner in September - just curious as to the boarding pass. Thanks in advance for your help.

Suzi

I have a question about Royal Caribbean's "SetSail" Boarding Pass - the one you print out after entering in your travel documents and credit card. The last time we went on Royal Caribbean, our past guest status was clearly marked on the boarding pass; this time all I can se on the document is a very tiny light blue "D" next to each of our names which I am going to assume is what indicates that we are Diamond Members.

Does Royal Caribbean still have a Diamond Waiting Area at the Pier in San Pedro for Los Angeles Departures? Does the cruise line still offer priority embarkation for Diamond Level past guests?

Since the boarding pass looks different, I though I would ask about embarkation procedures for Diamond level past guests. A lot seems to have changed at Royal Caribbean; with one cruise away from Diamond Plus status, I am not sure the past guest perks at Royal Caribbean are going to be enough to keep us loyal - lately, we have been cruising with Celebrity, where it seems all the good perks went!

Anyway, we are looking forward to a great multi-generational family cruise aboard the Mariner in September - just curious as to the boarding pass. Thanks in advance for your help.

Suzi

The "D" next to your names on the SetSail pass is indeed the indication of your Diamond status. When you get to D+, there will be a barely discernible smudge next to the "D" that is the plus sign.

As of last June, there is a priority boarding area in San Pedro. This was for Suite Guests, D+, D, and maybe Platinum. This area was first to board Mariner.

Sounds like you have a great cruise planned with your family. We did that multi-generational thing last March, and it was very special.

Archived