lost toy

momx8

I'd call CCL right away but I also think it will not be found. We lost a favorite toy a few yrs ago on a trip and I found a replacement by calling 20 plus stores of the store chain where I had bought the stuffed cat toy. I drove 80 miles round trip to get that toy. I understand the loss of your child's toy.

I always leave my used books and mags in the library when I'm done with them. I'm sure someone will pick it up and read it. Or the person in charge of the checking out of books will put it on the shelf. Thanks, Lynda

I make labels for my books that I stick on when finished "If found, please read and pass on". I used the label as a book mark until done. I will take them to book areas on the ship and AI's. Many AIs have book shelves by the pool/beach entrance with "previous read books" and I just leave mine there.

You could always fold her a towel animal . . . :)

Back in the day (40 years ago, oh my gosh!) my brother loved his plastic Pillsbury Dougboy. He lost it in a department store once and mom had 1/2 the store patrons and employees looking for it . . . luckily it finally showed up, an employee had found it and put it in the trash, it was pretty beat up and looked like it belonged there.

Pillsbury_Doughboy.jpg

To futher expand on the story idea if you have to purchase a new one be sure and tell her the stuffed animal loved the cruise so much she stayed a few extra days and received the full service treatment at the spa:D that's why she looks so good.

Seriously, I know some people have responded "it's just a toy" but to the little ones they are very important. My four year old lost her stuffed kitty on a trip last year and we were ,thankfully, able to find kitty and have her shipped back (FED EX overnight). Her nine year old sister made up a story about "Kitty's Grand Adventure" and it helped with the tears for the few days. We learned on that trip the value of having the stuffed animal wear a real cat collar with a metal tag indicating who to contact if lost.

Hope it works out!

• 4 weeks later...

My daughter once lost her very special dolly. I understand completely. With my daughter, she had a newer looking dolly appear one day. She accepted the new one, but we had a lot to explain when the original one was found a bit later..:)

I think with your stuffed toy that it's most likely gone. Can you replace her old with a new? If she's young enough, she might accept that her toy looks so new!

I left my glucose meter in the cabin - called with cabin number and EXACT location. Even e-mailed someone working on the ship to try for me. I was told they are instructed to throw out EVERYTHING left in the cabin.

We have a habit of leaving any unopened sodas and chips in our cabin along with books we've finished reading....they are all going in the trash because they cannot "steal" these things. If you want to leave a gift - it must be tagged as such so they can prove that.

At least...that's the story we were told.

We learned on that trip the value of having the stuffed animal wear a real cat collar with a metal tag indicating who to contact if lost.

DS six has "Blue Teddy". He got him the day he was born. Blue Teddy also has a "collar" w/tag attached. When we cuise I usually shrink a luggage tag and zip tie it to Blue Teddy's thigh. We left him once on a cruise - got him back two days later - it's not only Disney that ships items home for free.:D

OP good luck - fingers crossed.

I really don't know about the cruise ship, but this situation reminds me of our Disney trip last year. My daughter left her fave stuffed animal on the nightstand. We figured it was a loss and just tried to get her to deal with it. However, a few days later, we received a package in the mail from FL. It was her stuffed pony! Disney had shipped it back to us without being asked or anything! I love that about Disney! Now if only their cruises weren't so darn expensive! Oh well, I guess we will have to stick with Carnival! :D

I left my glucose meter in the cabin - called with cabin number and EXACT location. Even e-mailed someone working on the ship to try for me. I was told they are instructed to throw out EVERYTHING left in the cabin.

We have a habit of leaving any unopened sodas and chips in our cabin along with books we've finished reading....they are all going in the trash because they cannot "steal" these things. If you want to leave a gift - it must be tagged as such so they can prove that.

At least...that's the story we were told.

:eek: Didn't know this, but is does make sense. Can't tell you how many times with have left a bottle of wine, a case of beer or hard liquor (back in the day when you could take those things) for our steward. ;) From now on we will leave a note. Thanks! :)

One of the best things I learned from my Mother was the art of "duplicates" when my small son got attached to a blanket with blue bears on it she told me to go buy several of them and put them away. saved many sleepless nights and heartaches. also allowed me to wash one while he "loved" the other. Thanks Mom!

Archived