Memphis to Alaska May 2011

gdurha99

Are there any Memphians or nearby Tennesseans cruising to Alaska in May 2011? If so what are your plans? My family and I are planning to cruise May 2011 and would like information or tips about cruising to Alaska. We have checked airfare and found leaving from Nashville to be the best deal. Any tips from anyone that has cruised to Alaska would be appreciated. We are planning to depart from Seattle ,Washington.

We are not from Nashville but (it's a long story as to why) are flying from there for our cruise in one week. We are taking southwest. The tickets are reasonable and you each take two bags for free which on an Alakan cruise is great. We are doing the Seattle to Vancouver route and then just renting a car to fly back out of Seattle...so much cheaper. This will be my third cruise to Alaska and if you can I could do somethungother than the rt Seattle itinerary. Any Alaskan cruise will be wonderful butnyou get to see morenon the one-way trips. You will love your cruise...Alaska is my favorite place on earth.

Are there any Memphians or nearby Tennesseans cruising to Alaska in May 2011? If so what are your plans? My family and I are planning to cruise May 2011 and would like information or tips about cruising to Alaska. We have checked airfare and found leaving from Nashville to be the best deal. Any tips from anyone that has cruised to Alaska would be appreciated. We are planning to depart from Seattle ,Washington.

I am from Memphis, but not doing an Alaskan cruise in 2011. Instead we are doing a Mediterranean cruise. But, wanted to say be sure to check flying out of Little Rock on Southwest. I would also keep an eye open on flights out of Memphis. When there are sales, its just as cheap to leave from here than anywhere else.

Have fun! DH and I want to do an Alaskan cruise soon!!

I'm from Missouri and am going on Carnival Spirit May 10, 2010 r/t Seattle. We've done the inside passage before and Alaska was our favorite cruise. (we've done 17) Don't wait too long as the prices are going up. Transfers from SEA to the pier are a bit pricey but it's a long ride. Check airlines prices on Orbitz, right now they beat SW by a lot.

From KY flying out of nashville next week on the same cruise w/ Jen!! We're from S. KY so Nashville is the closest airport to us. I'll be happy to answer any questions once we get back.

Def. download Ding! on your computer. Way to early for next year but you can go ahead and get it set up to watch for deals now.

Also, I would recommend if you do book southwest, and you fly southwest often, purchase your tickets as soon as you can. Most likely the price will go up as they sell out but if it goes down you can always change your reservation and get the ower fare, but you only get it in a credit for a future flight. So it kinda pays to book each leg seperately.

Paperbkwriter I saw where you are flying out of Missouri. Would you please let me know where you are flying out of? We are looking at airfare

for next year to Seattle. I am trying to do a little barging shopping on flight but don't feel like I am having much luck.

I'm from Missouri and am going on Carnival Spirit May 10, 2010 r/t Seattle. We've done the inside passage before and Alaska was our favorite cruise. (we've done 17) Don't wait too long as the prices are going up. Transfers from SEA to the pier are a bit pricey but it's a long ride. Check airlines prices on Orbitz, right now they beat SW by a lot.

I'm guess you meant 2011. Hard to compare flights between SW and other carriers for next May as they aren't available yet.

If you jump on SW prices as soon as available you can get some good pricing.

Bill

Hey... I am from Nashville and just did the Alaska cruise in July leaving out of Seattle. Any questions just feel free to ask. We had a blast on the cruise. I would go again in a heart beat!!:)

Did you do a review? What time did you leave Nashville? We are thinking about driving to Nashville on Monday and taking the 6:30 am flight on Tuesday the day of the cruise. How much was the transfer from the airport to the pier? We have a lot of questions hope you don't mind. We are in the planning stage at this point.

We were on a 6:10 am flight the tuesday we left and were in Seattle at like 11:45. We flew American Airlines. We had to go thru Dallas but it was a breeze with the new skylink in Dallas. We actually booked the flights thru Carnival, my Grandmother was paying for the cruise and that is what she preferred. It included the shuttle to the pier from the airport, so not sure how much that would cost. On the day we came back into Seattle we had a 3:30 flight so we booked a Seattle excursion thru Carnival and that include the shuttle back to the airport. Feel free to ask as many questions as you would like. It is an amazing trip!:)

Correction May 2011. Anyway SW does not post its prices this far in advance but go to Orbitz and look. Kansas City (MCI) to Seattle (SEA) during the week next May, which is when I am flying, is $220 per person vs $339 out of St. Louis (STL) I usually get the better deal out of MCI but occassionally don't. I'm going from STL to Fort Lauderdale next month and found a better deal. I live between both airports. A tip in case you drive to the airport. Look into PARK SLEEP AND FLY for a hotel room the night before your trip. Usually parking alone cost at least as much as that package.

Archived