1st Cruise - Clothes Hangers Provided or Bring our Own?

rocketmom09

This is my first cruise and I know this sounds like a dumb question, but should I bring hangers for all my clothes or are they provided in the cabin?

We leave on the Freedom this Sunday!!! :D

Thanks, everybody. I have learned SO much from you guys!

They do provide some, but we usually thrown in about 10 inexpensive plastic ones - because they don't usualy have enough. IF we don't have enough room in the suitcase to bring them back, we just leave them.

I use a folding suit type luggage bag. I put all my hamging clothes in it on metal hangers. When I get it at the cabin I just unzip the bag and all the clothes are hung up in 30 seconds. All my other stuff is just in a roll on bag and go in drawers in minutes....

As for the question I would take some extra hangers of I didn't use this method....

We've always either had enough hangars in the closet, or asked the cabin steward for a few, and he's always had some available. Hangars seem to be another one of those items on everyones "must pack!" list that we've never packed, and never wished we would have.

I intend to take a few hangers on our next cruise because the ones they have are those with the hook that fit into the groove, then hang on the rod.

I learned about Downey Wrinkle Release on these boards, BUT it was awkward to spray and hang garments on those hangers. I plan to take one or two hangers that swivel so they will hang on the door where I can spray a garment easily, smooth out the wrinkles and let it hang.

Hope this makes sense.

I intend to take a few hangers on our next cruise because the ones they have are those with the hook that fit into the groove, then hang on the rod.

I learned about Downey Wrinkle Release on these boards, BUT it was awkward to spray and hang garments on those hangers. I plan to take one or two hangers that swivel so they will hang on the door where I can spray a garment easily, smooth out the wrinkles and let it hang.

Hope this makes sense.

I take extra hangers for that exact reason. Also to hang bathing suits and trunks in the shower on the string line.

Really, taking a few plastic hangers weigh next to nothing, take up no room in the suitcase and my hanging clothes are already hung up ready to spray with the wrinkle release when I open my suitcase.

I have usually found that there are enough hangers, and a couple of times when there werent, I asked the steward for some more, and they were quickly supplied. If there are more than 2 people in the room, though, it might be a good idea to bring a few extras.:)

Archived