HELP! Bermuda in the rain

sarahksmom

I am leaving for Bermuda on Saturday and Earl is going to chrun things up for us so the days we are there it is going to be raining. I am bringing my 8 year old daughter with me and to be honest all of the things I planned to do were for the beach. What am I going to do with her while it is raining all of the time? Any ideas?

I am leaving for Bermuda on Saturday and Earl is going to chrun things up for us so the days we are there it is going to be raining. I am bringing my 8 year old daughter with me and to be honest all of the things I planned to do were for the beach. What am I going to do with her while it is raining all of the time? Any ideas?

The hurricane will be up by Canada by Saturday. You'll most likely have nice weather in Bermuda by the time you arrive.

Hi Sarahksmom.

Kewlguy is right. As you can imagine, we track these things pretty closely in Bermuda. By the time you get here, Earl will be history.

There may be one or two short ten minute showers, but that's it.

Plan on the beach...

Have Fun!

Hi, sorry to jump in, but I'll be in Bermuda from Sept. 2 - 7. I had hoped to do a snorkel tour on Sept. 3 (Friday). None of the Earl forecasts have it near Bermuda but I'd like to know whether you think the seas will be rough if we take a boat to go snorkeling? Would it be better to save the snorkel excursion for the 3th or 5th?

Thank you!

all of the weather forecasts are predicting wind and rain.

Where are you getting these reports? I'm not seeing it. There's always the possibility of showers in Bermuda but they usually don't last very long.

I am getting my info from accuweather.com and weather.com. Both have it showering quite a bit. If there is someplace better for me to check, please let me know.

Forecasts that far out are virtually worthless, and whatever you're looking at has absolutely nothing to do with Earl.

Earl will be off the coast of NJ on Thursday and by the time you're leaving on Saturday what's left of it will be a fish storm somewhere in the North Atlantic, so whatever rain you might get in Bermuda will have nothing to do with Earl.

TBN Hubby here:

Don't know if it will rain or not. We, too, are leaving this week on Sunday and hope it does not. However last year we missed the first day because we couldn't get into St Gorges, and and it rained most of every day but a couple of hours the last day we were there. Didn't have children but we had a great time.

Crystal Caves

Very nice Museum just by the dock at Kings Wharf.

Many indoor shops in Kings Wharf with in a short walk from pier.

Great photos of the unfinished church and the town of St Gorges -- the light is really interesting in a light rain.

Perfume factory tour in St Gorges -- cute place and nice perfumes.

Rode the Ferry from here to there, to there, to there, and back

Hunting sea glass at Alexandria Battery Beach on the nice day Just before the ship left.

Touristy but fun meal at Frog and Onion

Visited the Masonic Lodge and got a very informative history lesson of early Bermuda from the nice gentlemen there.

Went to a beach anyway and dodged the rainstorms and took pictures of the Stormy clouds -- spectacular

Rode the bus around the island and 'people watched' while viewing the island.

Take your Gortex in case it does rain, and have a good time.

Archived