Thoughts and review of Seabourn Spirit - 8/14-8/21/2010

Marylebone37

Great report! We were on the same ship -- Venice to Rome in July as first time Seabourn cruisers and have many of the same positive experiences!! Brigitta was also our lovely cabin attendant and I used the launderette a lot too! But, a couple of times it was busy so Stines was lucky.

Stomboli and the outdoor BBQ were highlights.

Also, Cammiem, don't miss Restaurant 2! We ate there 3 nights and it was great. You just have to call ahead (I think 48 hours) to book. Since we sailed in July it was quite warm and just great to eat outside while sailing.

My only other suggestion is to take the excursions. Our travel agent gave us a private tour of Pompeii (don't miss that -- it is amazing) and we took several Seabourn excursions. You will see so much more and each port will have it's own unique qualities. Foe example, though you will stop in Brendisi, there is not much to do there -- but we took the excursion to Lecce and it was very interesting and charming. Usually the excursions leave early and finish by 1:00 pm so you still have time to wander around on your own. All of our trips were REALLY good -- so don't miss them. Since it was quite hot, we did get a bit pooped out but nothing another shower and fresh clothes couldn't fix.

Cammiem, hope you got a $400 referral credit as a first-timer as that was great for the excursions!

Bon Voyage!

Great report! We were on the same ship -- Venice to Rome in July as first time Seabourn cruisers and have many of the same positive experiences!! Brigitta was also our lovely cabin attendant and I used the launderette a lot too! But, a couple of times it was busy so Stines was lucky.

Stomboli and the outdoor BBQ were highlights.

Also, Cammiem, don't miss Restaurant 2! We ate there 3 nights and it was great. You just have to call ahead (I think 48 hours) to book. Since we sailed in July it was quite warm and just great to eat outside while sailing.

My only other suggestion is to take the excursions. Our travel agent gave us a private tour of Pompeii (don't miss that -- it is amazing) and we took several Seabourn excursions. You will see so much more and each port will have it's own unique qualities. Foe example, though you will stop in Brendisi, there is not much to do there -- but we took the excursion to Lecce and it was very interesting and charming. Usually the excursions leave early and finish by 1:00 pm so you still have time to wander around on your own. All of our trips were REALLY good -- so don't miss them. Since it was quite hot, we did get a bit pooped out but nothing another shower and fresh clothes couldn't fix.

Cammiem, hope you got a $400 referral credit as a first-timer as that was great for the excursions!

Bon Voyage!

Hi andrea802!

Thanks for the tips!

Will be sure to take your suggestions.

Yes, we did snag a referral credit. Already have massages booked. :)

I will be blogging live while onboard. Lots of photos, too.

Archived