Just back from the "Oasis" 8-21-10 to 8-28-10

Just got back from my trip on the Oasis of the seas and it was so amazing.

If anyone has any questions about the "oasis" just ask and i'll try to help. I'll be writting my review tomorrow.

Would love to know more! I'm set to go next March on Oasis to Eastern Carribean!

I loved everything about the ship. I had a great room...one floor down was boardwalk, one floor up was central park. I recommend a room on the seventh floor toward the back of the ship...it's easier to get around there.

The food was fantastic, shows were great! The ship is well kept and still looks so new and clean.

I loved everything about the ship. I had a great room...one floor down was boardwalk, one floor up was central park. I recommend a room on the seventh floor toward the back of the ship...it's easier to get around there.

The food was fantastic, shows were great! The ship is well kept and still looks so new and clean.

I'm glad to hear that - that's where our cabin is for our November cruise. Looking forward to hearing your review...I am living vicariously through these reports until it's OUR turn! :D

Sailing October 2nd, would love to hear more about your cruise! On Deck 14 at the very back of the ship?? Good room?? So glad you had a fantastic cruise :)

If anyone has any questions about the "oasis" just ask and i'll try to help. I'll be writting my review tomorrow.

Was the Aquatheatre up and running. Did they show the "Oasis of the Dreams" show?

Did you like Oasis of the Seas better than Carnival Dream? What are your opinions on both ships?

There was NO time to watch TV on that ship!

The only time we had it on was the 1st and last day and

that was to find info on debarkation.

There is SO much to see and do, and it was INCREDIBLE.

I am still thinking about the cruise/ship. We had a fantastic

time.

The Oasis of Dreams did not run at night, it was still having

technical difficulties on day 2, so they put a combo show

together on 2 sea days that consisted of the highlights of

Oasis of Dreams and Splish Splash. They had three shows

on the sea days at 2,4,7pm. It was very hot in there during the

day, as the sun is beaming down on you while you are sitting

in your seats. The divers were fantastic.

Sailing October 2nd, would love to hear more about your cruise! On Deck 14 at the very back of the ship?? Good room?? So glad you had a fantastic cruise :)

We were on the 8/21 sailing, deck 14, port side aft, cabin 14274...balcony OBSTRUCTED in my opinion...yes you could look down and out and see the ocean with no life boats blocking your view...NO...you could not look aft or forward to see views of the ship or ports when sailing or docked...BLOCKED by the ships superstructure to support facilities of deck 15 above...and this was a hump cabin...never had any sun on the balcony due to the overhang.

Stay away from port cabins 14270 through 14280 if you covet a balcony with good sea views and sun, same applies for the corresponding starboard cabins across the deck.

Then again, $1200 each for this D6 Balcony cabin was still a good price... balcony's are like a box of chocolate....you know how the rest of the saying goes.

Enjoy your cruise!

-MACE-

Did you like Oasis of the Seas better than Carnival Dream? What are your opinions on both ships?

The "oasis" was much better than the dream...Im not sure why. The rooms were about the same. I guess it has to do with who you are sailing with. We went out of NYC on the Dream...out of Ft Lauderdale on the Oasis and i think that made alittle difference.

The food was pretty good on both ships. The entertainment i would say is alittle better than the Dream. Oasis will leave a lasting impression, I already forgot about the Dream after the Oasis. The service was much better on the Oasis...I loved everything about the Oasis...it gets a 5 plus from me. I would say the Dream is a 4 and a half. Both were fun and different in different ways.

Was the Aquatheatre up and running. Did they show the "Oasis of the Dreams" show?

We booked the first night and it was cancelled but they gave us another night to go to the show, but missed alot of it cause we had other stuff planned that night but what i saw was pretty good.

I would like to know more about the Oasis I am sailing on Oct 2nd for our anniversary. I would like to know about the specialty restaurants etc..Are they worth it? and what else would you suggest?

I didn't do any of the specialty restaurants cause the food was good enough not to have to do them. I did get the steak from chops for 14 dollars extra and had it in the reguloar dining room while everyone else with me ate the regular menu...if you want to save money, you really don't need to try them. The food is great anyway. We did have Johnny Rockets for breakfast and wasnt any different than the dining rooms.

I'm glad to hear that - that's where our cabin is for our November cruise. Looking forward to hearing your review...I am living vicariously through these reports until it's OUR turn! :D

Great location.....Hope my review gets published soon so you can all read it. I took my time doing it. Ill let you know when its published.

Great location.....Hope my review gets published soon so you can all read it. I took my time doing it. Ill let you know when its published.

Looking forward to your review...very nice to meet you at the Meet and Mingle!

Me thinks there is going to be a slew of 8/21/2010 reviews, ours included...once we settle down to being back home, and digesting the cruise we just completed, not to mention reviewing all the pictures and video we took.

My DD14's suitcase is still not completely unpacked (she is fretting having to start High School on Thursday)

-MACE-

Looking forward to your review...very nice to meet you at the Meet and Mingle!

Me thinks there is going to be a slew of 8/21/2010 reviews, ours included...once we settle down to being back home and disgusting the cruise we just completed

My DD14's suitcase is still not completely unpacked (she is fretting having to start High School on Thursday)

-MACE-

Thanks Mace, I just got alittle settled. We got home sunday night and we still have odds and ends to put away. A pipe in our township broke today, so no water for most of the day, so it delayed the rest of my washing of clothing, but im almost caught up.

I work in the school, so i start back on friday and not looking forward to it.

Just checked out Allure of the Seas Prices and if they dont come down, alot of us wont be booking. I am still looking for the great food from the Oasis...nothing can compair to it.

I had a wonderful time!! talk soon, cant wait to see your review too. Im so mad i didnt save it so now im just relying on them publishing it. Diane

I have a room on Deck 7 as well and picked it for the reasons you mentioned...board walk and central park are one deck up or down. We are more mid ship...on the hump...glad to hear deck 7 is a good spot.

I would like to know more about the Oasis I am sailing on Oct 2nd for our anniversary. I would like to know about the specialty restaurants etc..Are they worth it? and what else would you suggest?

We were on the same sailing and went to all of the specialty resturants. Fantastic!! wonderful and well worth the extra money. The MDR food is ok (not great but not bad either) but the food in the resturants was top notch. Chef Table = 5 stars, 120 Central & Chops = 4 stars and Giovanni = 3.5 stars. Also the Park Cafe (no extra cost) was great for lunch. Great sandwiches and salads!!!

The ship is pretty special too:)

We were on the same sailing and went to all of the specialty resturants. Fantastic!! wonderful and well worth the extra money. The MDR food is ok (not great but not bad either) but the food in the resturants was top notch. Chef Table = 5 stars, 120 Central & Chops = 4 stars and Giovanni = 3.5 stars. Also the Park Cafe (no extra cost) was great for lunch. Great sandwiches and salads!!!

The ship is pretty special too:)

A detailed review of the specialty restaurants would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I have a room on Deck 7 as well and picked it for the reasons you mentioned...board walk and central park are one deck up or down. We are more mid ship...on the hump...glad to hear deck 7 is a good spot.

We had room on Deck 7 starboard mid ship (also on the hump) and loved it. I booked the same room on the Allure for March. Highly recommend.

Archived