Changing money on board???

TRIXON

Comments please about the exchange rates on board Costa. We will be taking Euros. Can we use Euros in say Egypt or do we need the Egyption pound. Also Dubai & The Emerates do we need Dollars/Euros and if so have any of you changed money on board.

Maggie,

On our cruises they was very little of any at all currency exchange facilities on-board, sometimes there would currency dealers come on-board before the passengers went on their excursions.

In Egypt in the main shopping and tourist area you can pay in Euros, when we were there we had a private tour (all inclusive).

In Dubai, you can used Euros and Dollars for shopping. We also took Dollars in small denomination (1 & 5) for such things as taxi (Pounds and Euros have higher denomination notes).

Another thing I do is ask my credit card for an additional card with some restrictions, only the credit that I have previously paid in can be drawn upon, I use this if I have to get local currency.

Ron

Archived