**Canadians Beware**

BC Todd

Don't they let you set up trip alerts so you will be sent an email if anything changes? I've gotten emails when my flight times changed by 5 minutes. I would be furious if they changed my actual day of travel & didn't tell me. :mad:

I have never experience this, but you certainly have me thinking I need to check my flights (We are flying out of the US, but hey if it happens in Canada it can happen anywhere). So far my flight and seats have not changed, but thanks to the OP, I will check frequently. We aloways fly in the day before as nothing out of Montana gets us to FL in time to cruise same day. That means if they bumped us to a flight the day after we expected to fly, we would miss the ship:mad: I would be one very unhappy camper!

I have never experience this, but you certainly have me thinking I need to check my flights (We are flying out of the US, but hey if it happens in Canada it can happen anywhere). So far my flight and seats have not changed, but thanks to the OP, I will check frequently. We aloways fly in the day before as nothing out of Montana gets us to FL in time to cruise same day. That means if they bumped us to a flight the day after we expected to fly, we would miss the ship:mad: I would be one very unhappy camper!

Me too..what bunk..sjn....no one should have to fly in 2 days before as a rule..sjn.

Hi again Molly..for big trips..I am going to start checking Allegiant to Las Vegas and then to wherever..you never know..may beat the Delta or United multi airport shuttle...sjn.

Don't they let you set up trip alerts so you will be sent an email if anything changes? I've gotten emails when my flight times changed by 5 minutes. I would be furious if they changed my actual day of travel & didn't tell me. :mad:

I know exactly what you are saying...I run my own business which is very schedule specific. I am booking events around Canada for 2012 all ready. If I told my customers that "Oh, we will be holding the event you bought and paid for the day after your scheduled date" I would be out of business in a heart beat!

The old saying is... Customers understand when the trains run late...they just need to know. Information is power:)

Last Winter as we were heading to the airport to catch our flight for a cruise that same day ( 2 hour flight), we got a message on the Blackberry that said our flight had been CANCELLED!!!! Their next available flight would get us into port too late. We had checked the status before we left and it was on time.

PANIC set in. This airline (Jetblue) does not have a reciprocal agreement with other airlines.

We headed back home, got on the phone and the PC and $600 dollars later were booked on Southwest at the last minute.

Never will we fly the same day, I don't care how short the flight is.

But to add to this, the Splendor ended up leaving 7 hours late. Turns out we would have made it if we'd taken the later Jetblue flight and saved $600.

Sucked.

Last Winter as we were heading to the airport to catch our flight for a cruise that same day ( 2 hour flight), we got a message on the Blackberry that said our flight had been CANCELLED!!!! Their next available flight would get us into port too late. We had checked the status before we left and it was on time.

PANIC set in. This airline (Jetblue) does not have a reciprocal agreement with other airlines.

We headed back home, got on the phone and the PC and $600 dollars later were booked on Southwest at the last minute.

Never will we fly the same day, I don't care how short the flight is.

But to add to this, the Splendor ended up leaving 7 hours late. Turns out we would have made it if we'd taken the later Jetblue flight and saved $600.

Sucked.

but you know what - it could have left on time. Don't consider it a lost $600 - consider it a $600 investment that you were able to cruise at all. There were probably a lot of people waving good bye to the ship and cost them a lot more

We're sailing out of San Juan in October & my MIL booked our flights thru the cruise line. Originally we were flying Toronto-Chicago-SJ both ways; we only found out we're flying Toronto-Washington DC-SJ on the way there because MIL went online and checked. No phone call from United or from Carnival to warn us of the change. Our departure time out of Toronto changed and now we only have 45 minutes ( :eek: ) to catch our connecting flight in DC...I hope nothing goes wrong because that is not a lot of time at all! Definitely stay on top of flight times!!!

I have noted that since I booked the flight many months ago the type of plane has changed. I checked every week, but now that the depature for my cruise and two days in Miami is 16 days away, I check it daily!!!!! Heck, even if it is only to see if the seat next to me is still vacant or unoccupied (I hope unoccupied, I like having a row to myself *BG*)

Was re-checking our flights to Florida bought and confirmed this past February for this coming December. Much to our surprise our Toronto - Miami flight no longer exists.

When I called the airline (Air Canada) to inquire, they told me we were have been rescheduled to a flight the next day. I asked, "Why wasn't I informed of this change?".

Their response - "Because the rescheduled flight was later than our original flight, we would have learned of the change when we arrived at the airport. We do not inform customers of later rescheduling only of earlier rescheduling":eek:

We are a very organized family. In fact we are spending two days in Miami before our cruise, just to make sure we don't miss the boat. But I do know that some people still travel the same day.

Just another warning, CHECK and RECHECK your flight times over and over. Our flights were confirmed when we bought and paid for these tickets but airline schedules change. In fact, they told me on the phone that the "fall" series of schedule changes are about to be announced...geez, hope they don;t change again.:mad:

Now, to be somewhat fair they did re-book us (Me,DW,DD,DD) on a flight a day earlier (red eye) and now we actually get a few extra hours in Miami. I also saw that these four return tickets that cost us $2,800 in February, now cost $4,400! Sure am glad we purchased them when we did.:)

To all my fellow Canadians...BEWARE of flight changes...check today!

Thanks for the heads up - I'll be double checking my December flights.

Good tip to know! I'm flying out of Toronto to Miami for a November cruise. In booking flights, I was really surprised that there arn't many direct flights to Miami.

Last year, I flew out of Buffalo and it was certainly cheaper however this year, I found really cheap fights from Toronto with West Jet.

Our departure time out of Toronto changed and now we only have 45 minutes ( :eek: ) to catch our connecting flight in DC...I hope nothing goes wrong because that is not a lot of time at all! Definitely stay on top of flight times!!!

Last year my flights for the cruise I took earlier this year changed and the airline gave me only 38 minutes in between flights at JFK, an airport where this airline's flights are spread over two terminals! :eek: When I called about their change, they said it was a valid connection time so I couldn't change it (without the fee and all). She assured me that the gates would be near each other. :rolleyes:

First flight lands at the back right corner of the right-hand terminal. While taxiing to the gate, I checked my phone's flight app for the connecting flight's gate and it showed to be right across the way. I get in the terminal and check the computer screens to be sure (I don't trust the app!) and, sure enough, the app was WAY off - the connecting flight is way at the other end on the left side of the left-hand terminal! :eek: Mind you, I also have a mobility disability which I use a service dog for to help me walk (and the airline knew this way ahead of time).

I had to walk as fast as I could, which was tough. Thankfully, I made it just in time for my flight - they were already boarding regular (non-pre-boarding) passengers! If there's a next time, I will definitely INSIST on a longer time! Normally I don't book anything less than 45 minutes, which is generally enough time even in a large airport like Atlanta. (I did know that two hours later there was another flight to my destination and it was not completely booked, so I could always have had them put me on that flight if I hadn't made it to my gate on time. I kept checking that flight in the months/weeks/days leading to the flying day and was ready to switch to it if it was just about booked up.)

Hardy-har-har. :rolleyes:

This board was being slow a few minutes ago so I opened up a new tab and went to check on the flights for my upcoming trips. Since it was only one or two weeks ago that I last had a change on the flights for the cruise, I didn't think I'd see any changes. Uhm, WRONG! Sure enough, they yet again changed the last flight of my cruise trip, which originally was only one hour after my first flight of the day, then that was cancelled and the new one was two hours after my first flight, now this one is THREE hours after my first flight!!! ARRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!! These changes are killing me!! :mad:

I guess I know who I'll be on the phone with in the morning ... for the fifth or sixth time in regards to the same trip.... :rolleyes:

I always book my flights with a well known Internet site for travel and they send me a email each time there is a change.

I never use Montreal and prefer to fly (and save at least 50%) from Burlington (3 hrs), Manchester (4 hrs) or Boston (5 hrs). My average cost for 3 tickets is about 750$... 1500$ - 2000$ if i fly from Montreal.

Archived