Smoking in the Rooms

travelman2009

I've been doing soome reading and is it true that on Carnival cruise lines that passangers are allowed to smoke in the rooms and if so, is this the case on new ships like Carnival Dream. Do the rooms smell like smoke my daugther is very allergic.

Yes smoking is allowed in cabins including the Dream. I have never encounted a smoke smell they do a wonderful job at turn around cleaning the cabins and desmoking if necessary,.

Here we go again. Yes it is possible if you follow a heavy chain smoker in the cabin you have picked that it will reak of stale smoke smells. It is true the cabin cleaners do a wonderful first class job but come on get real. If you don't detect it then most likely you did not follow a heavy smoker. If Carnival has the means and know how to remove stale smoke that had been infected solid for 7 days from a totally enclosed cubical in 3 to 4 hours then they would not be in crusie business. It will be in all the bed linens that are not changed each week, in the walls, in the ceiling and of coarse absorbed into the carpet. They would be in the smoke removal business making millions the easy way. So if you encounter a smoke stink when you first arrive in your room find your cabin steward and complain and if he can't get it rid of it by dinner time ask to be moved to a room that does not reak of stale smoke. Been there and done that!

Book a Spa cabin on the Dream and it (and the balcony) will be nonsmoking.

The Splendor, Dream and (soon to come Magic) all have Spa cabins (and balconies) that are nonsmoking.

All other Carnival cabins are smoking.

RCCL does not allow smoking in the cabins....and I believe Celebrity restricts it in the cabins and on the balconies as well.

Here we go again. Yes it is possible if you follow a heavy chain smoker in the cabin you have picked that it will reak of stale smoke smells. It is true the cabin cleaners do a wonderful first class job but come on get real. If you don't detect it then most likely you did not follow a heavy smoker. If Carnival has the means and know how to remove stale smoke that had been infected solid for 7 days from a totally enclosed cubical in 3 to 4 hours then they would not be in crusie business. It will be in all the bed linens that are not changed each week, in the walls, in the ceiling and of coarse absorbed into the carpet. They would be in the smoke removal business making millions the easy way. So if you encounter a smoke stink when you first arrive in your room find your cabin steward and complain and if he can't get it rid of it by dinner time ask to be moved to a room that does not reak of stale smoke. Been there and done that!

Fortunately, in all our cruises....this has only happened once. (on the Fantasy in May) It took 2 days of using the ozone machine, me using the Ozium and Febreeze I always carry and the cabin steward replacing all soft material (pillows, sheets, mattress covers, duvets ).....and we finally got 95% of it out.

Do the rooms smell like smoke my daugther is very allergic.

The ozone machines installed on Carnival ships are, without a doubt, mechanical wonders. To this day, I have never stepped into a cabin where you could smell cigarrettes.

I asked my PVP if any of her guests has ever complained about cigarrette smell in the cabins, and she said that to this day, and after working for Carnival for almost 10 years, she's never had a single complaint, even from those guests who claimed to be allergic (or irritated, or sensitive, etc)... ;)

Inall of our five Carnival cruises have we ever expierenced smoking smell in any of our cabins. As for allowing smoking in your cabin or not, I would like to see how the cruise line would enforce such a regulation (Carnival, RCCL or what).

Thanks to these boards, I knew exactly what to do when we entered our balcony cabin for our second cruise and it smelled like an ashtray. We called our room steward and he brought in the infamous ozone machine thingy. We had to leave the room for a couple of hours, but when we came back, it smelled wonderful. I'm not sure how it works, but it was fabulous.

And fellow CC members, I get just as tired of the annoying threads (and posters) as you do, but if I don't have anything constructive to say, I just pass the board by. You have the time (and interest) just to post a negative comment on a board to complain? Geeezzzzz.

Archived