Teenagers on Cruises

travelman2009

We've been told that for teenagers, the bigger the ship the better. My teenagers had plenty to do on the Caribbean Princess, which is currently the largest in the fleet. Smaller ships have fewer facilities and fewer teenagers onboard.

Though I agree, a lot of it depends on time of the year. Cruise during school vacations and there're bound to be plenty of teens onboard.

We've been told that for teenagers, the bigger the ship the better. My teenagers had plenty to do on the Caribbean Princess, which is currently the largest in the fleet. Smaller ships have fewer facilities and fewer teenagers onboard.

Though I agree, a lot of it depends on time of the year. Cruise during school vacations and there're bound to be plenty of teens onboard.

Speaking of the Caribbean Princess..

I was on the 8/14-21 NE/Canada voyage and we shared an elevator ride with a couple of female teenagers. They were polite but shared with us an interesting conversation about how nice it was that the CB doesn't care what they do and doesn't yell at them or get them into trouble for anything. Recalling a comment referenced on the boards, it really stuck in my memory when one of the girls said 'not even when we block the stairs do they say anything.'

Caribbean Princess and newer ships will have larger and better outfitted teen facilities. More planned activities especially during times where they are a lot of kids on board. Less so at times when school is in session or on the smaller ships.

My daughter has had a great time with Princess. Most of our cruising has been spring break or New Years so there were load of kid on board. She really enjoys MUTS.

Our next spring break cruise she'll be 17. It just dawned on me that it's probably the last time she'll be in the Teen group. Guess she's grown up on Princess.

Personally, if I were a teen (yes, I can still remember way back then) I would think that one of the larger RCI ships would offer more activities than Princess for teens.

Well, it really depends on what this particular teen likes to do. If he or she is not looking for rock-climbing, rollerskating, ice-skating, then everything else is available on larger Princess ships.

I am not sure about 13-14 yo, but 15-17 are usually looking for something else, like room to gather (teen club) and talk.

MUTS is something that many teens of all teens enjoy.

On the last (or the one before last) night we enjoyed a funny activity in the aft bar near the kids pool. About 30-40 teens were making and drinking alcohol free drinks (each of the group). There are whirlpool parties, scavanger hunts, teen discos etc.

My older teen liked the "Living room" (teen club) on RCCL more, but he was completely fine with Princess. :)

Archived