Guarantee cabin... last minute changes?

I've read through a number of threads about guarantee cabins but couldn't find an answer to this question: if you book a guarantee and are assigned a cabin several weeks before sailimg date, is there a chance that your cabin assignment might be changed later?

I'm cruising in November and my cabin number showed up in my reservation a few weeks ago. Can I be fairly sure that this is the cabin I will get, on boarding, or could it be changed between now and departure?

Mine changed when I did a GTY on my Adventure of Seas cruise; fortunately it was an upgrade to a balcony! The majority of time you will end up with what you were initially assigned, but changes are a possibility.

From what I've learned here, once a GTY booking is given a cabin assignment, the ressie is no longer considered in GTY status. (if others have encountered something contrary to this, please share your experiences).

Ours was assigned a few days after we booked, and we changed the location twice by moving within the category ultimately assigned to us to gain a better location. At no time when I called RCI to make these changes was the GTY issue raised by RCI.

We had 2 GTY cabins on the Oasis last week and had booked 12 days prior to sailing.

Our balcony GTY cabin was initially assigned as a D5 deck 6 midship portside. Then 2 days later our inside GTY was assigned as a CV central park view on deck 9 portside. The next day, our deck 6 balcony GTY cabin was moved to a D5 deck 9 starboard.

I'm guessing they moved the initial assignment to keep the 2 cabins closer together, though they were still a 2-3 minute walk apart.

We've never had a change, but I suppose it's possible. We generally get a guarantee, since we really don't care where the cabin is. We enjoy the exercise from the stairs, so don't mind having to walk up or down them. We're experienced travelers and know to bring earplugs (not that we've ever had any noise problems other than snoring).

Thanks for all your responses.

I'm fairly happy with the cabin we have been assigned...not that it is a huge upgrade but we booked oceanview guarantee and the one we have been assigned looks to be in an okay location, no major problems that I can see with it and a window rather than a porthole. Although I was prepared to accept any oceanview when I booked, I admit I would be disappointed now to find we had been re-assigned to one of those way upfront porthole oceanviews.

Archived