Do you dance?

Schplinky

I've been on several cruises and would not think dancing, outside of FOD parties, would be appropriate. As previously mentioned there are some very ignorant people out there who could make it very embarrassing for you and your partner. Two women dancing seems acceptable to a lot of folks. Two men - no way. Some people feel the need to tell others how to live, even on vacation.:mad:

I would have to agree with Jish on this one. My Husband and I have always danced together on our cruises. We always find other same-sex couples dancing in the disco. In fact, on one of our cruises we even took a couples massage class with friends of ours, also two men. There were the four of us and a few straight couples. Nobody cared. Russg also has a point about some people not being so open minded. I say, check out the crowd and do whatever you are comfortable with!

• 2 weeks later...

On our Alaska cruise there were a lot of europeans onboard and there was no big deal in the disco each night with our dancing together. Since my husbear was having some leg problems he only danced a bit and there were a half dozen guys from Spain that kept hitting me up to dance... and their wives didn't care! So as said before it just depends on the crowd, the more sophisticated the less you have to worry about the hicks... and if you're a hottie :D on the dance floor you'll be dancin' with male & female!

Kevin

Dance your heart away! I don't care what other people think. I've been on two straight cruises and both times I've found other gay men in the disco. Some are confused since I'm sailing usually on straight cruises with mom that I'm an eligible bachelor for a women! It's very nice when they offer you drinks at the disco and then you tell them that you're not interested but don't go into it :cool:

Since the only straight cruises I've done were on Princess, the number of gay men in the disco outnumbered anyone else hands down! :) Most of the other people are sound asleep in their cabins and don't stay out to party. The 10-day cruise there were only gay people in the disco, between crew off-duty and those of us passengers who were. It rocked! Dance the night away is my recommendation! ;)

Who cares what the rednecks think or say. You paid just as much for your cruise as they did and have every right to participate in any and every activity. Besides, I wouldn't think that rednecks or straight people have a monopoly on judging others. We do it pretty darn well ourselves ;-)

The activist side of me also likes any opportunity for red-staters to see everyday gay people interacting and living life other than just in costume onboard a parade float. Most of us look and act just like them, they just haven't seen that.

If you or your partner are concerned, then I STRONGLY recommend an RSVP cruise. It is an incredible experience when the ship sails from dock and we are the majority...no need to worry about who sees us dancing, holding hands over dinner, or snuggling on a deckchair at sunset. The only real concern is that no one catches you wearing the same swimsuit twice.

-- Cruiser_Steven

Archived