Cabana Pros & Cons on Barefoot Beach

dsjlcruise

Can anyone explain the different cabana locations on Barefoot Beach? What do you get for the money? Is snorkel equiptment provided? Which cabana is the most private? What are the OverWater cabanas like? Are they private? Do the hilltop cabanas get sun or are they mostly shaded because of the trees? Is the lunch upgraded from the other lunch for cruise guests? What is different about the lunch?

Thanks to all who answer!

Deb

Hi:

Here are links to my blog.

http://travel.southpol.ca/2010/07/labadee-cabana-info.html

http://travel.southpol.ca/2010/09/labadee-hilltop-cabana-info.html

It has a map of the cabanas and their costs. We have had a beachfront cabana and a hilltop cabana.

Snorkel equipment and swim mats were included in both cabanas.

Amenities: couch, ottoman, 2 loungers, small side table, cooler with ice and 2 1-litre bottles of water, electricity with outlet and fan.

The hilltops were shaded (where we were).

The buffet lunch is upgraded and inclused shrimp skewers and steak. Very good. The service is also exceptional and very attentive.

Hope this helps!

Hi:

It has a map of the cabanas and their costs. We have had a beachfront cabana and a hilltop cabana.

Amenities: couch, ottoman, 2 loungers, small side table, cooler with ice and 2 1-litre bottles of water, electricity with outlet and fan.

The buffet lunch is upgraded and inclused shrimp skewers and steak. Very good. The service is also exceptional and very attentive.

Hope this helps!

Thank you south00, like usually your description is always wonderful.

Laura

Where is the "upgraded" BBQ area? I remember when I was tehre last November 2009 this area (Barefoot beach) is located 1é2 between the 2 BBQ areas and is quite a walk to either one. So, is this upgraded BBQ area right at the beach or do we still need to walk to either of these existing BBQ areas?

Thanks

Where is the "upgraded" BBQ area? I remember when I was there last November 2009 this area (Barefoot beach) is located 1é2 between the 2 BBQ areas and is quite a walk to either one. So, is this upgraded BBQ area right at the beach or do we still need to walk to either of these existing BBQ areas?

Thanks

From all the pictures and video (thank you all for those) I have seen it is right there at the beach. It looks like it is as you are check in to the Barefoot Beach area. So did I get that right everyone?

Laura

Hi:

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the very specific explanation and additional information.

Are all the hilltop cabanas in the shade?

Are any hilltops in the sun? If so which ones are in the sun?

I would like to have some privacy while laying in the sun. I want to be able to retreat under the cabana when the sun gets to much for me.

Which cabana would you suggest????:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Thanks again,

Deb

Thanks for the very specific explanation and additional information.

Are all the hilltop cabanas in the shade?

Are any hilltops in the sun? If so which ones are in the sun?

I would like to have some privacy while laying in the sun. I want to be able to retreat under the cabana when the sun gets to much for me.

Which cabana would you suggest????:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Thanks again,

Deb

Hi Deb:

Sorry, can't speak for the other cabanas, didn't get that close to them as we respected everyone's privacy and didn't want to invade. Ours was in the trees but had some sun. It depended on the time of day.

The overwater bungalows W1 & W4 are very private.

Tracey

From all the pictures and video (thank you all for those) I have seen it is right there at the beach. It looks like it is as you are check in to the Barefoot Beach area. So did I get that right everyone?

Laura

Hi Laura;

Yes, the buffet is near the check in location behind the standard cabanas. Very convenient. It allowed us to go up and get a few items on our plate, eat, then return for different items without feeling like you were fighting a mob. You can then grab dessert at your leisure. There is also a small bar by the buffet but they prefer to have the attendants serve you from your lounge chair.

If you don't get a cabana to enjoy your lunch in, there is a picnic area beside the buffet with tables. There is also a freshwater shower located in the middle of the beach area to take advantage of.

Hope this helps!

Tracey

Hi Laura;

Yes, the buffet is near the check in location behind the standard cabanas. Very convenient. It allowed us to go up and get a few items on our plate, eat, then return for different items without feeling like you were fighting a mob. You can then grab dessert at your leisure. There is also a small bar by the buffet but they prefer to have the attendants serve you from your lounge chair.

If you don't get a cabana to enjoy your lunch in, there is a picnic area beside the buffet with tables. There is also a freshwater shower located in the middle of the beach area to take advantage of.

Hope this helps!

Tracey

Tracey,

Thanks for the additional info. We are hoping to rent one of the cabana's over the water. We were looking at W2 and W3 but maybe we should switch to W1 or W4. Wanted shade and sun, DH likes shade while DD and I love the sun.

Laura

Archived