Cannelleto on the Maasdam

J&Rcruiser

There is no additional charge but reservations are needed.

It is a section set aside on port side of Lido. They only serve dinner in Canelletto so that seating is used during the day for Lido breakfast and lunch.

We left Maasdam last night and can share here we heard lots of very good comments about the food and service. We dined in Canalletto on Eurodam but not on any of our Maasdam cruises and I'm not sure why. :confused: I think we just forgot to book it.

Canaletto Menu -- FREE!!

ANTIPASTI e ZUPE:

Our chef’s selection of antipasti, cucumber and olives

Insalata Canaletto – Seasonal greens and tomato, cucumber and olives

Minestrone – A flavorful tomato broth consisting of white beans, pasta shells, fresh vegetables and thyme

Zuppe Di Pesce – Assorted seafood simmered with vegetables, tomatoes, flat parsley and saffron

PASTA, CARNE, PESCE e POLLO

Penne Alla Vodka – A deliciously light combination of our Pomodoro sauce, cream and vodka

Linguini Frutti Di Mare – Linguini pasta and clams, mussels, shrimps and scallops tossed in garlic, onions and cherry tomatoes

Baked Meat Lasagna Pomodoro – Baked with meat and tomato sauce and gratinated with four cheese sauce.

Veal Milanese – Breaded veal scaloppini with porcini mushrooms, spaghetti and vegetables

Chicken Marsala Scaloppini – Tender Scallops of chicken breast glazed with Marsala wine. Served with linguini pasta tossed with tomato and roasted garlic

Cod Putanesca – Marinated in lemon, oregano and olive oil, quickly sautéed and coated with a flavorful herbed tomato concassee with kalamata olives, capers and chopped parsley, served with grilled cheese polenta and balsamic glace

Spaghetti with Meatballs – The classic way to eat spaghetti; home made meatballs braised in a tomato and meat sauce served over olive oil tossed spaghetti

DOLCI

Trio of Tiramisu – Italy’s most famous dessert: presented in three flavored variations, espresso, lemon and Amaretto

Limoncello Crème – Refreshing crème topped with Tuscan lemon liqueur

Mille-Feuille of Madagascar Chocolate – With walnut praline and ice-cream

Gelato – A refreshing and full-flavored selection: strawberry, mango, vanilla and lemon

Nothing on a cruise ship is free. :D It's just about which things are included in our fares and which things are added charge.

Also, I'm wondering....... There was a large crew turnover the day VOV ended and perhaps some of those servicing Canalletto were not the same as those who worked there during VOV?

Just off the Maasdam VOV cruise

Canaletto's though free was nothing special

We just arrived home today from Maasdam Canada New England (that is scheduled to end tomorrow) and first meal was really good and second meal was not. The Linguini Frutti Di Mare was good.

Regarding the menu that is posted above, it has changed a bit because we had pistachio ice cream. Also, the identical minestrone soup that was in Canelleto was in the MDR last night. We liked that section of the lido and that is where we sat for breakfast most days.

We just arrived home today from Maasdam Canada New England (that is scheduled to end tomorrow) and first meal was really good and second meal was not. The Linguini Frutti Di Mare was good.

Regarding the menu that is posted above, it has changed a bit because we had pistachio ice cream. Also, the identical minestrone soup that was in Canelleto was in the MDR last night. We liked that section of the lido and that is where we sat for breakfast most days.

Jade- did you eat in the Pinnacle and if so how was it? I know you are a foodie so respect your opinion.

Jade- did you eat in the Pinnacle and if so how was it? I know you are a foodie so respect your opinion.

Peaches, I would not consider myself a foodie, it is just that my DH is a Chef and I eat well :)

Regarding Pinnacle, well, it was a very strange experience, but in the end the food was good.

Basically what happened is that my Filet Mignon was sent back 3 x and they got it right the 4th time. It was bizarre. I asked for "medium" and I always say "Pink in the middle" so there is no misunderstanding. My steak was well done. When it came back it was even darker. It looked the same on the inside as it did on the outside. Finally the Pinnacle Chef came out with another Filet and asked me to cut it while he stood there and it was blood red inside. You should have seen the Chefs face. So, (this was what was bizarre), the Chef says "would you prefer something else such as a ribeye". So, I say no and he takes the plate and my DH just says maybe he should try to cook the Filet right. I never saw him again, but the waiter came out with a medium Filet Mignon. By the way, my DH ordered the same steak and it was medium the first time it was cooked.

I had to have them reheat/cook my mushrooms as they were cold by then. The soup, appetizers and Creme Brulee where all good the first time they were cooked.

Thanks -- I had heard that on some of the ships the gelato was replaced with ice cream.

Nothing on a cruise ship is free. :D It's just about which things are included in our fares and which things are added charge.

Also, I'm wondering....... There was a large crew turnover the day VOV ended and perhaps some of those servicing Canalletto were not the same as those who worked there during VOV?

The service was excellent at Canalletto on the VOV cruise. The food was just average.

We ate at the Pinnacle three times, 2 times was excellent, one was a very poor. We had dinner one night at the Pinnacle, party of 5, three (3) who had never dined at the Pinnacle and the service was horrible and the food was not warm. After I wrote comments about the poor service on HAL's "How are we doing" card, on our final visit to the Pinnacle the food & service were excellent !

Archived