Carnival Paradise Verandah Suite

CruiseDreaming

So I'm fairly new to Carnival, I have been on the Paradise once before, but this time we have a Verandah Room listed as OS Suite. The Carnival website says it has amenities like whirlpool bath, but I'm assuming that would be a something found on a newer, bigger ship. Can anyone tell me what a Verandah OS Suite is like?

Kerrie:)

Try cruisedeckplans.com. I also am new to Carnival, I did some research and found this website. I see you were also on the Monarch, the only other cruise ship I have been on. I have a veranda cat.11 suite OB view but it least it has a balcony small as it may be. It is partially obstructed but at least it has some view. If you search Paradise on the forum you may find a lot of information on your own. I'm surprised no one has answered you question yet. Every one is usually so helpful.

We are sailing on Oct 4 this year. Enjoy your cruise, I know we will.:)

Now called Ocean Suite and Obstructed Suite. Twin beds that convert to queen, balcony, private bath with shower, closet, safe, refrigerator, mini bar, phone, television, sitting area with sofa and coffee table, hair dryer. The following staterooms have partially obstructed views: V23, V25, V27, V34, V38, and V42.

Those balconies are "tiny" and barely enough room for 2 guests and minimal privacy at best..... Buyer Beware

Anyone out there have any info on the Verandah Suites on the Paradise? Thanks.

We were in V17 on Paradise, and V27 and one other on Elation, (sister ship). Yes, V27 is partially obstructed, but didn't bother us. But, it is near a stairwell that the crew uses. Can't be naked with the drapes open. :D

None of those Cat. 11's had a tub. Shower was fairly adequate for 215 lb. DH tho'.

We like those suites.

Pat

"Suite" is a bit of a misnomer for the rooms on the Verandah deck on the Paradise. They are not significantly larger than a standard balcony cabin on a newer ship. They've just renamed anything on the Paradise with a balcony a "suite.". Find some photos or perhaps someone can provide dimensions for you. The class 12 suites on the Upper Deck have more typical suite amenities and dimensions. Plus the Verandah suites are on a high deck and forward, which can make for alot of movement. If possible, go for the Cat 12. I just don't want you to be disappointed. Although, it is a cruise! By definition a good thing! Hope you have a great time. I've been n a few short trips on the Paradise and always have a great time.

We normally have a suite and go on larger ships. When booking a short cruise for myself and grandchildren picked a suite on smaller ship--imagination on veranda. It was tiny and the balcony was awful. I also had an inside room for another of our party and thought their room to be nicer! A cruise is always a great thing btu I sure wouldn't pay more for a veranda suite on a small ship. I do enjoy the veranda deck on the large ships.

These cabins on Fantasy Class ships used to be called demi-suites. Even that nomenclature is generous. They are the same size as an standard OV on any of the newer ships, with a balcony (more like a ledge) that is advertised as 30 sq ft with no privacy. Here is a pic I took from a public area while aboard the Fantasy.

1289762582_Fantasy2009316.jpg.30bad2983915b03027c9519a980fc8f0.jpg

Thank you all for your suggestions and information! I had a feeling suite was not the right term for these rooms.:) We have V16 and I'm sure we'll have a good time, but I just had a feeling that it would be regular room with a bit of a balcony (judging from the deck plans) and you all confirmed it. Thank you again!

Archived