MTD Reservation

On a previous cruise (Princess) we did MTD...and did not need a reservation. Does RCCL prefer that you do? We chose MTD so we could come and go depending on the daily activities, etc. Realize I'm asking this a bit late since our cruise leaves on the 12th....but I am assuming we're just fine by not making reservations.

On our June Explorer cruise, the MTD staff requested we let them know what time we anticipated dining the next night. It helps them plan. We were able to have the same table, waiter and assistant waiter each night, even though we changed times. It was great. I actually set a time of 6:30 for us for the cruise, then change it as needed the night before as our plans dictated.

Eric

We did a TA on the Jewel last year and had MTD. We never made a reservation (they never did ask us to), sometimes we showed up in the dining room and sometimes we ate at a specialty restaurant or the Windjammer. When we ate at the dining room, we ate anywhere between 6:30pm and 8:30pm. In spite of the dining room staff not knowing if or when we would show up, we may not have had the same table but they always seated us in the same section and we always had the same wait staff when we did go to the dining room.

I'm assuming when we showed up for the first dinner, they must have filed what section of the dining room we ate at and the wait staff we had and when we checked in to eat, they would seat us in the area they had on file for us. To me, our experience with my time dining was exactly that, dining when we wanted. We thought it was great.

Tim

Archived