If you can only pick 3 spots to dive while in ports of call

Fourseventeen

If you had to pick your favorite 3 spots where cruise ships port (Carnival especially) where would it be? We have a lot of cruises coming up and I am planning to dive 1-2 locations per cruise. Places I will be porting in and have not already made plans are....

Roatan

Grand Cayman

St Maartin

St Thomas

St Lucia

St Kitts

Barbados

Catalina Island, CA

Costa Rica

Aculpulco

Cabo San Lucas

Cozumel

if any of those are on top of your list id love to hear about it :D

If you had to pick your favorite 3 spots where cruise ships port (Carnival especially) where would it be? We have a lot of cruises coming up and I am planning to dive 1-2 locations per cruise. Places I will be porting in and have not already made plans are....

Roatan

Grand Cayman

St Maartin

St Thomas

St Lucia

St Kitts

Barbados

Catalina Island, CA

Costa Rica

Aculpulco

Cabo San Lucas

Cozumel

Grand Cayman because I was there and didn't dive and kicked myself for not diving

St Thomas because I luved it and saw my first shark there and liked the Dive op it was http://www.admiraltydive.com/ and they do a great job

Pacific side your prob gonna want to bring a little better exposure protection water tends to be a little colder from what I hear

Thanks guys for your input. I have dove the pacific a bit....southern ca and catalina...yes you need a 5-7mm depending on the time of year. I like Catalina personally when the viz is decent. I am looking forward to diving some more clear water soon. Only clear place I have dove was Grand Turk. I to went to cayman and snorkeled...and kicked myself in the butt later for not diving.

Two are easy....Cozumel & Grand Cayman. The 3rd gets a little more muddled, but leaning towards Roatan or Costa Rica. We go to Costa Rica in January, so that could change. Was not as impressed with the Southern Caribbean as I had anticipated, but still decent. Have not dove any of the Pacific sites you mentioned.

Cozumel & Grand Cayman afford you multiple ops if you don't want to use the ships excursion. Plus, the sites are close enough that it allows you do something else after diving usually.

Have many pics & videos in the Gallery link in signature,

Mike

Roatan

Grand Cayman

St Maartin

St Thomas

St Lucia

St Kitts

Barbados

Catalina Island, CA

Costa Rica

Aculpulco

Cabo San Lucas

Cozumel

Roatan is always awesome. I dive there whenever I get the chance. Cozumel and Grand Cayman like diving in an aquarium its so clear.

any good places to dive from shore in roatan? This trip out we will be with 2 none divers so if we could find a spot my wife and I can drop in for 45 mins while the other 2 in our party hang out on the beach that would be ideal.

We have used Las Rocas. They have a small open boat, 4 to 6 maybe?, and they are right on the beach. A really awesome beach with white sand and bath tub clear water with a nice little tiki bar. The boat ride is only about 5 or 10 minutes away. There are other dive ops just like this, but this is the only one we have used.

Archived