Bridge Tour on The Dream #1

rbabiak

It's pretty neat, wasn't it?

We did the bridge tour on Miracle as part of the Behind the Fun tour. It occurred while we were underway a few miles off the Cuban coast.

All the controls on the bridge console were obviously live while the ship was traveling, and the security guard kept an eagle eye on the people when they bent down to look at them. I thought he would have a fit when someone bent over and the badge worn around the neck fell down and brushed the controls! You just don't want to hit something, and mess up 3,000 people's day, you know?

We would have loved to tour the Bridge while at seas but we didn't pay a dime to tour the Bridge so beggers can't be choosers I guess. LOL.

It was a highlight for sure. I have never been offered a free bridge tour and would love to go on one.

I did sail one ship, the NCL Pearl, which had a glass wall behind the bridge. There was a maritime museum on the other side of the wall, and you could go in there and observe the goings on in the bridge. Not the same as being in there, though.

very cool.

OP rbabiak, i'd recommend you post the #2 images to this same thread - so people can comment in one place, etc.

and from saying you were fortunate enough to be granted a bridge tour - not just visited on the tour, and judging from the lack of a flock of other peeps in the photos - looks like you got an 'off the schedule' tour?

if so, even more cool :cool:

regardless, very nice. glad that you enjoyed your first cruise - i hope you enjoy many more to come :D

It's pretty neat, wasn't it?

We did the bridge tour on Miracle as part of the Behind the Fun tour. It occurred while we were underway a few miles off the Cuban coast.

All the controls on the bridge console were obviously live while the ship was traveling, and the security guard kept an eagle eye on the people when they bent down to look at them. I thought he would have a fit when someone bent over and the badge worn around the neck fell down and brushed the controls! You just don't want to hit something, and mess up 3,000 people's day, you know?

Funny how that varies from ship to ship. On the Triumph, I got to put my hand on the steering controls. I am sure they had the panel locked out. On the Fantasy, they had ropes setup to where you could not get to the panels.

triumphcaptain0001.jpg

We were lucky enough to get a tour of the bridge on our 8/21 - 8/28 cruise on the Dream. This was while we were in Port at Isla Roatan.

Have 10 more picture I will put on another thread!

Very cool. How did you manage to get this tour? Did you know someone on the ship?

Archived