dive and snorkel

teachinla

My husband and I are going on a cruise in December to Roatan, Cozumel, and Grand Cayman. He wants to dive and i want to snorkel. Does anyone know of dive operators that also accommodate snorkelers? It would be nice if we could go together.

Thanks for any advice.

Google Upachaya Resort. They had a boat trip that looked good and I've seen nothing but rave reviews. I tried to book it last year but they were booked up. They only take around 10 people per trip so book early. Like 2 months early.

My husband and I are going on a cruise in December to Roatan, Cozumel, and Grand Cayman. He wants to dive and i want to snorkel. Does anyone know of dive operators that also accommodate snorkelers? It would be nice if we could go together.

Thanks for any advice.

In May, my husband and I went diving in Cozumel with Eagle Ray Divers, and we had some snorkelers with us from our ship that snorkeled the reefs we were diving. They said it was awesome,and they could see us very clearly. Might be fun for you and your husband.

Janis

We also went out snorkeling with Eagle Ray Divers (Cozumel) and there were divers on the boat - we had a great time and the divers seemed really happy with the dive master and all that they saw. I would just recommend that you tell the lady when you book that you want to be on the same boat and I am sure they will accomodate you! Have Fun!

For Grand Cayman, you could both go off of Eden Rock Dive Center - we snorkeled here, but it is also a very popular entrance for divers. They rent gear, lockers ($5), and probably guides too. They can also take you to other sites other than there entrance right there at Eden Rock. This is a 5 minute walk from the pier and we had an incredible time snorkeling at this spot. You could also give them a call and see what options they have for you. They were really nice and helpful.

No ideas for Roatan - I think that while there are good dive sites and good snorkel spots that they dont usually occur together. For snorkeling, we really loved Tabyana and Half Moon Bay by the Half Moon Bay hotel/restaurant there is a nice entry and a fresh water showers and chairs to use if you buy something before or after at there seaside restaurant. Sorry I am no help for a joint spot at this locale - you might want to split up here??

This is such a common question you would think the dive operators and the cruise lines would get this figured out! We are in the same boat, I am a diver and my wife is a snorkeler, when we go on vacation we want to spend time together not on two separate tours. We have had a lot of luck by contacting the local dive shops and setting things up. The last couple of times in Cozumel I just snorkeled with her because it was just easier. I am going to keep an eye on this thread to see what other suggestions come up.

We found several dive operators in other ports that allowed snorkelers and scuba divers on the same boat.

Archived