Orlando Airport Clarion Hotel

TAG2424

Although I've never been the port, Cape Canaveral is a good 45 min/1 hour from Orlando, so allow yourself plenty of time to get there.

BTW, there are some really bad reviews on Tripadvisor for this hotel...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34515-d85378-r3027937-Clarion_Hotel_Airport_Orlando-Orlando_Florida.html

I've stayed at the Clarion Orlano airport before about 1 1/2 years ago. It was recently remodeled and was very nice! (actually recommended it to my mother) I got a dynamite price through hotelkingdom.com so I thought I'd give it a shot! There was a small restaurant with a complimentary breakfast buffet and a free cocktail hour (or two). A group of folks were staying there pre-cruise. I have to say I'd never cruised at that point and was very envious! There is an Econolodge attached to this hotel and was not nearly as nice so I was a bit skeptical of some of the guests roaming and sharing the pool area. I don't know if this is still the case however. I especially liked laying by the pool and watching the planes take off! Nancy

We were on 2/4 sailing and stayed pre-cruise one night at the Country inn & Suites by the Orlando Airport. I booked online for around $74.00 with tax. The hotel was nice, not as nice as some of the other country inn & suites we have stayed at, but this is probably pretty well traveled. It took us about 45 minutes to get to the port from there. They had the continental breakfast in the morning and I thought it was good for the price. We looked into some of the other hotels in Port Canveral, and for the price I just don't think they were worth it. It did not seem to me to be like Miami, where you could see all the ships right there when you woke up. I would definitely recommend staying in Orlando and driving to Canaveral. WE also stopped at the Orlando mall and did some shopping. It was bout 10 min from the hotel and it was really nice.

Hope this helps some! Have a great time wherever you go!

I've never been to the Cocoa Beach/Port Canaveral area but I came to the same conclusion that the properties for the price were not worth it. We are staying at the airport. Got a LaQuinta West for $40. Reviews on tripadvisor.com are fine and I have contacted the hotel directly and no problem requesting a king room and early check-in since we'll be arriving into Orlando at 10:00 a.m. The reservation person also mentioned places to eat, etc. Free airport shuttle, full breakfast including hot waffles, etc. I was very impressed and will post a review of the hotel when we return in mid-April.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the LaQuinta West on Priceline (2-star). Had tried to get a 3-star on Priceline but even with a bid of $55, didn't get anything. Plus, all of the 3-star hotels don't include breakfast and that's worth at least $15-20 for two. I have contacted the hotel directly and there was no mention of Priceline. I did request a king room and mentioned that we would be arriving early into Orlando (10:00 a.m.) - no problem for early check-in. I was impressed with the service that I have received so far. The person I spoke with mentioned places in the area to eat within walking distance which was great since we are not renting a car. She also mentioned the pool times, and how to call from baggage claim (there is a phone) etc. The tripadvisor.com reviews are okay with one or two bad and a couple more excellent, so I'm hoping it will be okay. Will post a review when we return in mid-April.

Archived