Almost Live and Soon to be Live and Almost Live from Carnival Triumph

Sargent_Schultz

Thanks ....YOU ROCK.

If you run into Ashley again....could you ask him if he will still be there in October?

My bestfriend (Rozwin) is Ashley brother's (Clyde) cabin mate on the Dream!!!

Have a WONDERFUL cruise.....

We did! Sorry - didn't see Ashley again, but I think he indicated that he would still be on the ship in October.

Before I forget - Gambit's Best Of New Orleans 2010 winners:

http://bestofneworleans.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid%3A80631

Such banter - since when does Rick's get points for being 'easy' on the wallet... this list is (as usual) highly influenced by kick-backs... Rick's is a cookie-cutter brothel and drug-house on Bourbon... You get what you pay (heavily) for...

Since I don't know who/what/when this new comment "card" system is going to work, here are some Carnival employees who deserve acknowledgment. I have to believe there were many more on the ship, but these were standouts to us.

Our cabin Steward, Nyoman, was one of the best EVER (and I assume his assistant - sorry, didn't write your name down). Service was great, fast and non-obtrusive. Always kept our mini-ice chest filled with ice. I sent laundry out one day and it came back same day + an extra empty laundry bag. GF sent out hers a day later and the same service and an extra empty laundry bag. At most, we would ask once for something, and never had to ask again for the rest of the cruise. Outstanding job.

The MDR staff was incredible. Headwaiter Sukanya was professional AND adorable. Great service. HTML clipboardHer assistant, Wahyuda (Why You Do That!), was also excellent. Some of the best service ever. Sukanya was also an excellent dancer and she enjoyed it.

Wahyuda having a little fun

P1180149.JPG

Sukanya - we made her an honorary Who Day with a fleur de lis pin

P1180161.JPG

P1180168.JPG

P1180173.JPG

P1180177.JPG

There are more restaurants in New Orleans now than before Katrina. If you ate in a different one each night, it would take years to try them all. :)

We are at the drury on free hot wings night with the free drinks ... my friend is debating if its worth eating them or eating out and giving up free comfort food.

We will be there in mid Dec, right before Christmas.

I ate at Brothers last time and it filled me up so I wasnt ready for Drury's happy hour. Brothers I thought was good comfort food too, and close to the hotel.

We are at the drury on free hot wings night with the free drinks ... my friend is debating if its worth eating them or eating out and giving up free comfort food.

We will be there in mid Dec, right before Christmas.

I ate at Brothers last time and it filled me up so I wasnt ready for Drury's happy hour. Brothers I thought was good comfort food too, and close to the hotel.

Perhaps you are thinking of Mother's?

http://mothersrestaurant.net/

I love your pictures of the sunset in Progresso. Do you remember what time you took those? We are sailing on October 11th and we are always in the MDR eating and miss the sunsets. We may try to catch one if we can get an idea of what time it is. Great review too! Love all the pictures of the food :D

I love your pictures of the sunset in Progresso. Do you remember what time you took those? We are sailing on October 11th and we are always in the MDR eating and miss the sunsets. We may try to catch one if we can get an idea of what time it is. Great review too! Love all the pictures of the food :D

Thank you.

No, but I can look at the EXIF data. Looks like from around 7:00pm to 7:06pm but I haven't checked to see how close my camera clock is to reality (but I think it is close). Sunset (and sunrise) times change daily and vary with your location.

There are a number of locations on the Internet where you can find Sunrise and Sunset times for a specific location and date. OR, you can do what I do and look for the sunrise and sunset times in the Fun Times (Capers) and then run out on balcony/deck/whatever maybe 5-10 minutes before the listed time. :D Sometimes I have just stayed in the dining room and taken pictures through the windows, although I do sometimes have to inform the people sitting at the window that they do not own the window; they are only entitled to their seat. :p

I posted the Fun times from this cruise here:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/CarnivalTriumph/FT/FT.htm

Sunrise and sunset times are at the top right of the first page (unless they change the format).

I've been in some ports (like St Petersburg, Russia) where the sun didn't set until 11PMish.

Thank you.

No, but I can look at the EXIF data. Looks like from around 7:00pm to 7:06pm but I haven't checked to see how close my camera clock is to reality (but I think it is close). Sunset (and sunrise) times change daily and vary with your location.

There are a number of locations on the Internet where you can find Sunrise and Sunset times for a specific location and date. OR, you can do what I do and look for the sunrise and sunset times in the Fun Times (Capers) and then run out on balcony/deck/whatever maybe 5-10 minutes before the listed time. :D Sometimes I have just stayed in the dining room and taken pictures through the windows, although I do sometimes have to inform the people sitting at the window that they do not own the window; they are only entitled to their seat. :p

I posted the Fun times from this cruise here:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/CarnivalTriumph/FT/FT.htm

Sunrise and sunset times are at the top right of the first page (unless they change the format).

I've been in some ports (like St Petersburg, Russia) where the sun didn't set until 11PMish.

Thanks for the Funtimes! We leave in 3 weeks - gives me something to look forward too!! I guess I'll take my camera with me to the Dining Room and run out to take pictures. I know the sunrise and sunset time will change a little in a month, but I'll just take it with me since we have early seating. Thanks again for your wonderful review and great pics.

Sarge,

I can't find it now that I'm looking for it and I could be wrong, but did you have a picture of a small, collapsible cooler in your cabin's bathroom filled with ice and liquor? If so, where did you get this cooler? I have been looking for something similar, but can only seem to find much larger coolers.

Thanks btw!

Sarge,

I can't find it now that I'm looking for it and I could be wrong, but did you have a picture of a small, collapsible cooler in your cabin's bathroom filled with ice and liquor? If so, where did you get this cooler? I have been looking for something similar, but can only seem to find much larger coolers.

Thanks btw!

One was sometimes in the bathroom. We had two. The larger, collapsible one came from Amazon.com and the smaller one with a hard plastic insert came from Walmart (about $6 I think)

P1170424.JPG

Archived