Just off the Dream ...my $.02, but a long $.02

SnowWhiteNYC

Ahhhhh.... good ole GreeneWood(yes I know its misspelled. It blocks out the name of the city for some reason) :) . I graduated Lander in 94. Go Senators(or whatever that big blue thing is these days) :)

They are now the Lander Bearcats. The campus has really changed a lot in the past 10 years or so. Lots of new buildings, a new entrance with fountains. They are now building a new Sports Complex across the street from the Dixie Drive-In. Should be complete in about a year or so. They are spending, spending, spending!!!!:eek:

• 3 weeks later...

I was also on the ship and no hot water and Bob magic was not kid friendly.

The Ship did not have hot water for over 36 hours and at times there was no water, hot or cold, in the cabins. I had booked 7 Spa cabins which cost me extra but was unable to all the Spa facilities during the hot water issue. Free drinks were offered for everyone for one hour as gesture for the hot water issue but no one in my group drinks alcohol and everyone already had the unlimited soda or brought they own soda on board.

For the Hot water carnival just said very sorry.

I was also very disappointed and offended with the entertainment and thought that it was not suitable for kids. In the Magic show by “Bob Brizendine”, he took a camera from a guest and shot pictures of the audience on the left and right then unzipped his pants and took pictures from inside his pants and gave the lady her camera to view it when she went home. This show did not have a disclaimer that it was inappropriate for children. I do not expect a magic show which would be appealing to kids to have this type of vulgar acts. I was very disappointed with his act and brought it up Cruise Director “Butch Begovich”. He stated he will forward the video tape to the carnival compliance staff to review. I had 18 kids in my group and during the magic show we all were sitting in the first 2 rows. All the kids were shocked with this act. I don’t want my 8 years old to do these acts. Also in his act he kissed a girl on the lips and called a two kids and ask the kids to kiss. For some this might be funny but not what I want to teach my 7 year old.

After talking to guest care rep she stated these show "Our position is that the show is appropriate for all ages"

If you have the same complient you can send email to Carnival cruise

guestcare@carnival.com

I will also be filing complient Attorney General, Better business bureau, Federal trade comm and industry sensor board.

If anyone interested contact at patel@hotmail.com.

• 4 weeks later...
Not sure. We had room 9215 and our balcony was pretty private. As private as you are going to get on a huge cruise ship.

Im thinking about booking 9215 also, any issues with this room? the adjoining door.. does it let more noise through the room? any noise issues at all?

Just got home after our 1200 mile drive from Port Canaveral and our Dream cruise!

Thought the ship was beautiful, the colors more subdued than other ccl ships

Easy embarkation...arrived at about 10:15, on board before 11 (we are platinum)

Loved the main shows (Extreme Country, Dancing in the Streets and Get Ready) super high energy.

Loved the addition of the Fun Force dancers. They did a show in the Atrium one night and then were a part of Dancing in the Streets. Awesome update to the entertainment. I even took a hip hop dance class offered by them....great fun!

Loved the comedy club...saw all 4 comedians, two were great, the other two were good.

Liked the juggler/comedian, thought the magician/comedian was okay.

Loved the Lounge Hop leading into the deck party.

Wasn't overly impressed with the laser shows...wouldn't make an effort again to see them...

Lots of hot tubs (too hot out for me to boil in water) not enough pool space for the extreme carib. heat

Thought the food was among the best in my 16 CCl cruises, however, not overly impressed with the Lanai BBQ. Much preferred the Tandoor and Mongolian Grills on Lido.

Had breakfast in the MDR twice...much preferred the Lido deck for breakfast. More varied and the food was hotter.

Loved the layout of Deck 5 promenade...but hated my Deck 6 balcony and the fact that the extension of promenade below eliminated almost all of the balcony privacy I am used to.

Didn't care for the layout of the MDR. If you weren't in the center section you couldn't see the entertainment or "showtime." Call me silly, but I look forward to the singing an dancing at meals...we were kind of sheltered from it.

I have been on 9 different CCL ships, and had a hard time finding the public bathrooms. Not sure if there were fewer, or they were oddly placed or I was just being dumb, but most times I wound up going back to my room...

Only noticed the smell once...first day and not again!

Didn't mind the switch to western itinerary. We still did 4 excursions on our own. Rented a car in Cozumel, went to Caye Caulker via water taxi in Belize, went to West Bay Beach (would highly rec. Bananarama) via taxi and just roamed the port area in Costa Maya. Had a great time! I don't really care for 4 ports in 7 days however...not enough ship time imho.

Hot water situation didn't bother us...loved the open bar...we found a good space and had several drinks each on the house.

I had arranged a private party for our CC roll call and it was AWESOME! We did 1.5 hours open bar for 16.36 pp (which included gratuity). We had it in the jazz lounge (The Song) and had a fantastic group. Would do that again in a heartbeat. I think we all drank our monies worth!

That's all for now...need to unpack... argh!

Have capers now for western if anyone needs...willing to take questions as well...

Would cruise the Dream again for the right price...in a heartbeat....

Thanks for the detailed review...my question is about your commute to the port. I noticed that you said you drove down to Orlando. I plan on doing the same thing for my family's cruise next August to Tampa. We are coming from the Philly area...how do you find the drive? How long did you spread it out? Any info will be helpful for planning my cruise. Thanks so much!

Kevin

I was also on the ship and no hot water and Bob magic was not kid friendly.

The Ship did not have hot water for over 36 hours and at times there was no water, hot or cold, in the cabins. I had booked 7 Spa cabins which cost me extra but was unable to all the Spa facilities during the hot water issue. Free drinks were offered for everyone for one hour as gesture for the hot water issue but no one in my group drinks alcohol and everyone already had the unlimited soda or brought they own soda on board.

For the Hot water carnival just said very sorry.

I was also very disappointed and offended with the entertainment and thought that it was not suitable for kids. In the Magic show by “Bob Brizendine”, he took a camera from a guest and shot pictures of the audience on the left and right then unzipped his pants and took pictures from inside his pants and gave the lady her camera to view it when she went home. This show did not have a disclaimer that it was inappropriate for children. I do not expect a magic show which would be appealing to kids to have this type of vulgar acts. I was very disappointed with his act and brought it up Cruise Director “Butch Begovich”. He stated he will forward the video tape to the carnival compliance staff to review. I had 18 kids in my group and during the magic show we all were sitting in the first 2 rows. All the kids were shocked with this act. I don’t want my 8 years old to do these acts. Also in his act he kissed a girl on the lips and called a two kids and ask the kids to kiss. For some this might be funny but not what I want to teach my 7 year old.

After talking to guest care rep she stated these show "Our position is that the show is appropriate for all ages"

If you have the same complient you can send email to Carnival cruise

guestcare@carnival.com

I will also be filing complient Attorney General, Better business bureau, Federal trade comm and industry sensor board.

If anyone interested contact at patel@hotmail.com.

kissing?!?!!! OH NOES! Cover the children's eyes!

Sorry I just find this funny, But to each their own. Some people see that stuff as completely natural, others get offended. Maybe a Disney cruise next time.

Just got home after our 1200 mile drive from Port Canaveral and our Dream cruise!

Thought the ship was beautiful, the colors more subdued than other ccl ships. We were on the same cruise and I agree

Easy embarkation...arrived at about 10:15, on board before 11 (we are platinum) same here

Loved the addition of the Fun Force dancers. They did a show in the Atrium one night and then were a part of Dancing in the Streets. Awesome update to the entertainment.

I agree a must see!

Liked the juggler/comedian,

Loved this one too

Wasn't overly impressed with the laser shows...wouldn't make an effort again to see them...

Again, I would agree, once was enough for us too

Lots of hot tubs (too hot out for me to boil in water) not enough pool space for the extreme carib. heat

UH .. you mean the cold tubs, lol they were not that hot at all to me ,especially at night,

Thought the food was among the best in my 16 CCl cruises, however, not overly impressed with the Lanai BBQ. Much preferred the Tandoor and Mongolian Grills on Lido.

I liked the Lanai especially the ribs but was'nt crazy about the Pasta bar

Loved the layout of Deck 5 promenade...but hated my Deck 6 balcony and the fact that the extension of promenade below eliminated almost all of the balcony privacy I am used to.

We were on Deck 7 right above the hot tub . no privacy there but we still enjoyed our bigger balcony

Didn't care for the layout of the MDR. If you weren't in the center section you couldn't see the entertainment or "showtime." Call me silly, but I look forward to the singing an dancing at meals...we were kind of sheltered from it.

We were in the crimson and our table was near the front door so we had a good view, I love the silly dancing too

Only noticed the smell once...first day and not again! WOW! we got a wiff EVERYDAY in the evening on the way back to our cabin but it was'nt that strong and never smelled it in our cabin

, went to Caye Caulker via water taxi in Belize,

We did the cave tubing , highly recommend it but do a good search on here for more details and helpful tips, I dont want to ruin anything for anybody.

Would cruise the Dream again for the right price...in a heartbeat...

. Us too because we want to try the cove balconys

Wow! Interesting room discussion. I had not even thought about the balconies and the promenade. So the balconies on decks 8 & 9...more private? Is midhsip worse than forward? I am used to having a balcony for quiet time to just sit and ocean watch.

Archived