Just off the Dream ...my $.02, but a long $.02

SnowWhiteNYC

HI,

I will be on the Dream next January 15. I have a balcony cabin 8303 (deck 8). Do you think that I will be inconvenienced by the deck 5. Thank you.

We sailed on Dream in January and are going again next April. We were on deck 8 and it was fine. We could hear some of the people in the hot tub talking, but other than that it was very quiet at night.

We are booked again for deck 8. I don't think you have cabin 8303 if you are in a balcony as that is an inside cabin. (At least that is what the deck plan on Carnival's website shows.)

For the person asking about the 11:30 flight, I would book that but I wouldn't be using Carnival's transfers. I say that because you will be waiting until the bus is full before departing for the airport. If you use a service such as Travelynx, they are there at the port when people are debarking and have shuttles frequently going to the airport. I do believe they are also less expensive than Carnival. We use the all the time to go from our house to the port and back, but my sister has used them to the airport. Check them out on the web.

We sailed on Dream in January and are going again next April. We were on deck 8 and it was fine. We could hear some of the people in the hot tub talking, but other than that it was very quiet at night.

With respect, I fully disagreee.

Earlier this year, we were also on Dream Veranda Deck, believe it was 8320, midship location.

Compared to other ships we've been on with balcony (Spirit Class and Destiny), our Dream balcony was a big disappointment.

Looking out is different: Part Ocean, Part Promenade, Part Lighting on all night, Part Hot Tub, Part Talking, Yelling, Laughing below until 10:00 PM.

Wasn't hell......just totally different. And NOT what we would have preferred:

QUIET, GORGEOUS, MYSTICAL Ocean directly down from balcony railing, then on out as far as the eyes can see.

Not a well-lit public park and hot tub !!!!!!!!

With respect, I fully disagreee.

Earlier this year, we were also on Dream Veranda Deck, believe it was 8320, midship location.

Compared to other ships we've been on with balcony (Spirit Class and Destiny), our Dream balcony was a big disappointment.

Looking out is different: Part Ocean, Part Promenade, Part Lighting on all night, Part Hot Tub, Part Talking, Yelling, Laughing below until 10:00 PM.

Wasn't hell......just totally different. And NOT what we would have preferred:

QUIET, GORGEOUS, MYSTICAL Ocean directly down from balcony railing, then on out as far as the eyes can see.

Not a well-lit public park and hot tub !!!!!!!!

I agree the balcony was a disappointment to me to! we were on the deck 10 and looked down to the deck and part of a chess board.. wasnt the same as the water.. not a huge issue but i certainly perfer the conquest class from the lido cabins

HI,

I will be on the Dream next January 15. I have a balcony cabin 8303 (deck 8). Do you think that I will be inconvenienced by the deck 5. Thank you.

We are also sailing Jan 15 on the Dream in OS 7360. I surely hope the noise level is less and water view is more than it sounds like! Still, a ship in the Caribbean vs winter in Tennessee? Ummmmm...I'm willing to chance it!

We are considering going on the Magic next year and wondered about the "Cove" balcony. Can someone who has seen one and stayed in one on the Dream tell me about it. The description says closer to the water. Does that mean there will be waves hitting our door? Several others posted how they were disappointed in balconies on higher decks. Please help me!!!:confused:

We are considering going on the Magic next year and wondered about the "Cove" balcony. Can someone who has seen one and stayed in one on the Dream tell me about it. The description says closer to the water. Does that mean there will be waves hitting our door? Several others posted how they were disappointed in balconies on higher decks. Please help me!!!:confused:

They are very nice. Someone in our group on 8/21 sailing of the Dream stayed in one. Two floors above the water. They actually have water tight doors that can be sealed on the hull outside your balcony door. While the Ocean Promenade circles deck 5 and sticks out some, we were not disappointed with the balconies.

We were in cabin 6379. The rest of our group was in a cove - 2317. I would have switched with them in a heartbeat. If we cruise Dream-class ship again: cove all the way!

Good discussion on balcony cabins! Thanks to all! What do all of you think about the balcony staterooms way up on the the Spa and Panorama decks? Do you guys think that they might be high enough above the Promenade deck that the hot tubs, noise and lights might not be a problem?

Good discussion on balcony cabins! Thanks to all! What do all of you think about the balcony staterooms way up on the the Spa and Panorama decks? Do you guys think that they might be high enough above the Promenade deck that the hot tubs, noise and lights might not be a problem?

We were in a spa balcony the week of 08/21. WE LOVED IT! Yes you can still see the promenade- but the view was incredible. On deck 12 the balconies don't have a cover-which heightened the experience. No problems with noise- we could hear the music from the lido- but we enjoy that- so it wasn't an issue. Probably the most time we've ever spent on a non- aft corner balcony in all our cruises.

We were in a spa cabin 12212 just returned today. There is no privacy on the balcony at all from above except for an overhang of about 8 inches. (This did not really bother us and we new this before booking). However the reflection in the glass means you can see what the cabins next to you are doing or not doing on their balcony and in return I am sure they could clearly see us.

Our biggest complaint was the constant slamming of doors which rattled our cabin each time someone went out on their balcony and let the door slam instead of holding it till it shut quietly.

Also we could hear our adjoining cabins occupants talking, their TV, shower and toilet flushing.

I think carnival need to sound proof their rooms better as I do not think we had rowdy or inconsiderate neighbors.

(By the way, I live in SC now but I graduated from West Islip High many many years ago.)

Hi looneyhiker-- I added you as a contact/"friend" on here...we live in the same city! I saw you post about living in SC and I was curious, so I looked at your profile :) We are hiking enthusiasts as well.

Hi looneyhiker-- I added you as a contact/"friend" on here...we live in the same city! I saw you post about living in SC and I was curious, so I looked at your profile :) We are hiking enthusiasts as well.

That is great! Maybe we will cross paths someday!

We were in cabin 11251 and never had a problem with noise or lights or anything else for that matter. The more forward you get the narrower the promenade deck gets. We could still see the deck but if I was standing at the rail on the balcony I could look down and see the water. Sitting and looking out at the ocean was the same as any other balcony we've had.

Oopps !!! Just combine the color or my smiley face and "wood":D

Ahhhhh.... good ole GreeneWood(yes I know its misspelled. It blocks out the name of the city for some reason) :) . I graduated Lander in 94. Go Senators(or whatever that big blue thing is these days) :)

Did anyone watch any of the movies out on deck?

we watched blind side old dogs and tried to watch avatar but it was just to darn boring.

the only time it was packed for the late seating was for avatar. but get there early because they might start the movies early and they dont take down the umbrellas.

Archived